PC Config reqd urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilojha2kn

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,

Well i require a config for my PC. I have monitor and kbd/mouse etc. I just need config for CPU and my budget is around 25k to 28k. And i use my computer for gaming, and i work on s/w like max, maya, photoshop etc.

My problem is actually i donno which processor to buy as i heard that AM2 sockets will not be useful for Quad core processor of AMD as they are releasing AM2+ sockets for their quad processor. And i donno whether E6600 worth the price as am not an Overclocker. And do tell me any mobo which is future proof so that later on i need to change only processor ( in case i update this new system).

So please tell me which system i shd buy and that shd be in the budget too. And i donno which graphics card is better. I m thinking about XFX nVidia GeForce 8500GT 256 MB PCI-e Graphics Card.

Thanks in advance.

gannu_rox

In the zone
A future proof mobo is d one havin d bearlake chips-P35...

And ur apps require heavy proccesin power... So once the quads're priced cheap..,. U may go fer dat...

Now u may opt a E4300 and o'clock it... Maybe u can also invest in a aftamkt cooler such as d TR Ultra 120... It'll aslo serve u wen d quads come( But not much... Coz kentsfields run damn hot!!!)

A mobo mite be the ASUS P5K deluxe dat supports P35 and DDR2 @ 1066...
Mite release shortly in India coz its released abroad...
A gfx card wud be 8600GTS or the 8800GTS if u can spend 18k fer dat thing(320MB of corz...)

OP
S

sunilojha2kn

Nah i can't afford that graphic card as this is too costly to fit in the budget. And i can't wait right now till 22nd July. I'll be able to update it only next year after this update. Problem is actually that i want such config so that i don't have to change all the things in the next update. But i don't think this is possible right now.

So please tell the config that is best and fits in to the budget.

hitman050

Journeyman
Well, whatever people might say about computers getting cheaper, really if you plan to have decent gaming experience, and use Photoshop, Maya etc 28k is nowhere near good enough. Extend your budget more, then we can suggest.

OP
S

sunilojha2kn

What budget is required than ??? I can add 5000/- rs more. Actually the reason i do not want to spend more money, coz than i can update my system with new Processor only ( if mobo and graphic card, ram etc. are good enought for the new processor ). But if i'll spend more money now than it'll be difficult for me to buy new processor. And what ya say if i wait till July than is it possible for me to have a new system ( good one with Quad proc) with good graphics card in around 30K - 33K ????

kooabs03

Banned
OK here it goes:

XFX 650i ultra mobo 6K
Intel E6420 8.5K
2GB kingston DDR2(667 MHz) RAM 3.4K
XFX 8600GT 256MB 7.5K

OP
S

sunilojha2kn

Thanks Kooabs. I think this is the best config i can get in the budget. And thanks to all others too for their precious time. But i want to know whether this XFX 650i ultra mobo is compitable with Intel quad core processor??? How is Asus P5N-E SLI Mainboard ??

kooabs03

Banned
XFX 650i is the best mobo for that price. and YES it supports quad core as well. check out its specs:
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...IA+nForce+650i&productConfigurationId=1056480

dont go for SLI( better buy 8800 GTS than two 8600 for SLI)

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^^ ASus P5N-E Sli has d same 650i ship... XFX's better n moreover usue nvidia's ref board design...

^^ahem.. chip I mean... :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom