PC Suggested Configs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
H110 motherboard dosent support HDMI. so not a good buy for me. Gigabyte B250 does support HDMI. corect me if i am wrong.

i dont think i would update my graphics card ( not a game fan). so, now should i go for i3 7100 or G4560.

PS. AMD options are not given here.

Asus H110-A/M.2 does
*www.mdcomputers.in/index.php?route...t_id=4844&search=H110M-A/M.2&description=true

Try to search for lesser priced models.

AMD Ryzen 3 will launch after June IIRC, so no point in suggesting them 2 months earlier.

OP
sidster

sidster

Broken In
Re: PC Buying Guide and Suggested Configs 2017 Q2

Isn't a Skylake CPU needed to update the BIOS for Kabylake to run on H110/B150? Or do we get the BIOS updated by the retailers itself?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
H110 motherboard dosent support HDMI. so not a good buy for me. Gigabyte B250 does support HDMI. corect me if i am wrong.

i dont think i would update my graphics card ( not a game fan). so, now should i go for i3 7100 or G4560.

PS. AMD options are not given here.

H110 chipset supports HDMI , But it depends upon specific board whether OEM has added HDMI port or not..

1) Buy Pentium G4560 .. Don't buy 7100

2) Here PRimeabgb in this combo deal .. is already updating bios for G4560 + board for total Rs 9,000

Buy Online | ASRock Super Alloy H110M-HDVP + Intel G4560 Kaby Lake CPU | Price in Indi

The Asrock board does list having HDMI port , if you don't like ASrock maybe ask them if they can update bios for
Gigabyte GA-H110M-H

Buy Online | Gigabyte GA-H110M-H Motherboard | Price in Indi

GA-H110M-H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

With AMD Ryzen 3 you will have to add a graphics card as well , and you don't plan on doing that .. So g4560 iis better for you

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
H110 chipset supports HDMI , But it depends upon specific board whether OEM has added HDMI port or not..

1) Buy Pentium G4560 .. Don't buy 7100

2) Here PRimeabgb in this combo deal .. is already updating bios for G4560 + board for total Rs 9,000

Buy Online | ASRock Super Alloy H110M-HDVP + Intel G4560 Kaby Lake CPU | Price in Indi

The Asrock board does list having HDMI port , if you don't like ASrock maybe ask them if they can update bios for
Gigabyte GA-H110M-H

Buy Online | Gigabyte GA-H110M-H Motherboard | Price in Indi

GA-H110M-H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

With AMD Ryzen 3 you will have to add a graphics card as well, and you don't plan on doing that ... So g4560 iis better for you
Almost all H110 Motherboards does not have any Mosfet heatsinks. Any PC which is used for normal purposes like word processing & playing games cooling is not required though but anything other than this means real cooling is required.

It never hurts to cool a component down (all electrical components run with less noise when cooler). It's up to the
tolerance and spec of the component, but it won't hurt to cool it. As to whether or not you would see any benefits is another matter. I doubt you would notice if you

are just playing games or wordprocessing, but if you were using it as a scientific instrument you might notice a difference (cooling reduces electrical noise), but really you wouldn't be using a 'standard PC' for the purpose. In the world of semiconductors
, cooler is always better!

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Almost all H110 Motherboards does not have any Mosfet heatsinks. Any PC which is used for normal purposes like word processing & playing games cooling is not required though but anything other than this means real cooling is required.

It never hurts to cool a component down (all electrical components run with less noise when cooler). It's up to the
tolerance and spec of the component, but it won't hurt to cool it. As to whether or not you would see any benefits is another matter. I doubt you would notice if you

are just playing games or wordprocessing, but if you were using it as a scientific instrument you might notice a difference (cooling reduces electrical noise), but really you wouldn't be using a 'standard PC' for the purpose. In the world of semiconductors
, cooler is always better!

The user's build is pretty basic , so i don't think MOSFET heatsink is necessary .. H110 is fine..

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess, it's time for Ryzen 5 everywhere instead of the non-K i5.

manishjha18

In the zone
hey, do you guys think BenQ GW2470H (23.8 inch) VA LED-Lit Flicker Free Eye-care Monitor with HDMI- costing around 9500 is better option then LG 22MP68VQ-P 22” LED IPS ( costing around 8800).
Benq is 24 inch and its VA panel. while LG is 22 inch with IPS panel.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm going to update the thread in a few days, any suggestions?
Make one section for the entire cabinet and core components (aka "CPU")

Replace:
i3's with G4560, allocate the money saved to GPU, ram, ssd in that order
Non-k i5s with R5 1400/1500X/1600 (come with cooler)
Non-k i7s with R7 1700 (comes with cooler)

Skip ssd if better GPU can be accommodated. Try to put:
GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480/580 8GB in 55-75k rigs
GTX 1070 and above in 80k+ rigs

Make one section for monitors:
Recommend 768p monitor for GTX 1050, RX 460/560 and others below them.
Recommend 1080p monitor for GTX 1050Ti, GTX 1060, RX 470/570, RX 480/580
Recommend 1440p monitor for GTX 1060, GTX 1070, RX 480/580,
Recommend 2160p (4K) monitor for GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti, GTX Titan Xp.

for ultrawides (21:9), 1080p on 27" is lowest one should get.

For peripherals, just include the ones needed to use the PC, i.e. mice, keyboards (mechanical as well), game controllers.

Other parts can be mentioned at last.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edit the first post to place a note that there is a possibility that H110 mobo would require a bios update to enable 7th gen intel core i processor support which in turn requires a 6th gen or 7th gen processor.As buying online hardly gives any info about bios version,it is better to keep this possibility in mind & have some alternative arrangement in advance(e.g.some friend,shop or even mobo company's own service centre willing to update bios by using their own 6th/7th gen processor).

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
My suggestions in addition to saiyangoku...

1) Motherboard

In less than 50k rigs ...
scrap out B250 boards totally and replace it with H110 boards and save precious Rs 3,000 ..
add that Bios upgrade requirement for kabylake

those who cannot do it on their own... link this combo deal with pre-updated bios with G4560 for Rs 9,000 with Asrock motherboard

Those who can do it on their own - Best motherboard would be MSI h110 Pro VH , in gigabyte it would be GA-h110m-DS2 (no hdmi ) or S2Ph (hdmi ) .. gigabyte S2 and H are lower quality hence cheaper..

2) PSU - ( this is only till new Corsair VS and CX series doesn't launch , as current models are discontinued, are old stock )

Discard Antec VP450P

Rigs without GPU , below 35k .. Choose Corsair VS450

For 35k -45k rigs use - Antec VP550P

For rigs 50k +

First preference - Seasonic S12ii 430 W or 520W .. if not available at local shops ,only then Coolermaster Gx 550W new version with fully Japanese caps..

For rigs 60K +

Seasonic S12G Series 550W

for rigs priced above that take some input from [MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION]

3 ) Graphic cards

Those buying That LG Monitor with Freeysnc , First preference should be AMD cards only because of FREESYNC even if AMD cards end up being slightly expensive..

Freesync will make a hugeee difference on smooth gaming experience , than 4-5 extra FPS that you could get with Nvidia cards.. especially if frames are between 40-60 fps ...

and wait a few days before updating the list , so that Rx 560 can launch..

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Those buying That LG Monitor with Freesync, First preference should be AMD cards only because of FREESYNC even if AMD cards end up being slightly expensive..

instead of that, first decide GPU and then go for monitor.
first buy "input" then go for "output"

there are now 2 models of this LG Monitor which one will you suggest?
with free sync - Buy Online | LG 22MP68VQ-P 22 inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor | Price in Indi
without free sync - Buy Online | LG 22MP68VQ 22 inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor | Price in Indi

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
instead of that, first decide GPU and then go for monitor.
first buy "input" then go for "output"

that used to be okay before Freesync was a feature .. but now , i don't think it would be a good decision .. Since Freesync/Gsync ( variable refresh rate tech ) has a big impact on smooth gameplay experience especially in 40-60 fps range .. it is "practically" a GPU feature because G sync monitors are expensive.. had G sync monitors been cheaper then that would not have been the case .. one could buy a GPU first and then think about monitor ..
but right now if you are on a budget and you buy "Input" Nvidia card first , then that means you loose out completely on this feature ..

Secondly monitors are something that don't get replaced for a long time and are a long term investment generally .. GPU's on the other hand , most people change it every 2-3 years as they become outdated fast

there are now 2 models of this LG Monitor which one will you suggest?
with free sync - Buy Online | LG 22MP68VQ-P 22 inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor | Price in Indi
without free sync - Buy Online | LG 22MP68VQ 22 inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor | Price in Indi

I think both have freesync .. download the owner manual from here.. it has freesync listed on the non-P model

LG Support - 22MP68VQ-P LED LCD Monitors | LG Indi

the P model looks like a newer one and widely available .. that would be the one to go ..

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The GTX 1060 3GB variant can be bought as cheap as 14k (saw it on amazon) now, can be placed in lesser budget specs.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
But isn't 3GB less especially if one can get 570 4GB for thousand or 2 more than the former?

There is not much difference between 3GB and 4GB video memory, and 1060 3GB variant is better in performance than 470/570 even in DX12 games (AFAIK, basis comparison videos I've seen on youtube)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Since there is no table option available in new version of our forum, better post the rigs in plain text or snapshot (something like this)
*i.imgur.com/nJtRaA1.png

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Since there is no table option available in new version of our forum, better post the rigs in plain text or snapshot (something like this)
*i.imgur.com/nJtRaA1.png
Send me your configs and I will post it in the suggested section.

Top Bottom