PC boots after many attempts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi Guys,
For the past one or two months, I am facing this problem.After Switching ON the UPS, when I press Power ON button on cabinet , First it looks like starting, then after 1-3 seconds , everything stops ...no sound coming from cabinet , only green light remains glowing and PC never boots.Then I keep power button pressed for 1 minute to power off cabinet and then again press power ON button on the cabinet , again it stops and green light keeps glowing.I have to repeat the process many times earlier 1-2 times but now around 10 times , before it finally boots up. Can anyone please tell me what may be the problem ??? And once it is started successfully , there are no problems till I off it and try to switch it ON next time. I have P4 , D845GVSR, 512MB RAM, Seagate 250 GB IDE HDD . I currently have XP and two versions of ubuntu installed. please help...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
this is power problem.Make sure your PC is getting proper power.
1) remove UPS..than try booting using direct power.
2)check power cables.
3)If all of these connections are fine but still not working...than power supply may be damaged.Give a try by changing SMPS.

rosemolr

Journeyman
Dear phenom,i had Also faced the same problem Recently..so i think i can help you...at first you must look at the power connector of the hard disk..if it is ok..then go for the processor..just unplug the cpu fan from the processor carefully by unlocking its locks and then take the processor from there and just clean the socket with soft vacum cleaner or something which is very soft..then put back your processor in the socket and then connrect the cpu fan..man this works for me...try cleaning the ddr also..i had solved this problem in this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom