Pay for a software engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshar

Broken In
Can anybody tell me How much a fresher Software Engineer earns In US UK and other countries?

If we Indian's are underpaid how fair is it that we be proud of our IT industry? Dont you think from cost advantage we should more bank on quality advantage?

Today if we can outsourcing contracts there is only one reason, we can do the same work fro 1/10th of the actual cost. We should convert this equation to: for the same allocated budgets we Indians can do it lot more better.

BUT PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION.

I got some figures at *stats.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t16.htm
But I need to know for sure

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i have not seen a fresher from india go for jobs for US, UK etc.....

It always a case where a person has gone to those countries ...for soem degree in course of time ...doen part time job ..and then after degree get placed.....

See dont waorry fof pay as any day when u convert those to RUPEES its higher.....pay is according to job and standard of living in that country....

My friend who is studying in UK works part time and earn 80K when converted to RUPEES....and even slogging for 12 hrs here in INDIA i cant earn that much.....so that must be clear to u...but also his staying cost is more there in UK......so it equals out that way....:D

amol48

Searching...
^^^

You are right in saying that. But we can check and compare the ratio of salary to spending at least. From that we can have an idea whether our wages are low or high (which of course they are not)

reddragon

In the zone
no actually look here my salary is today ( say 25k ) now in US a similar person earns $6000 which is almost 2.7 lac / month .

fact is that u have to calculate purchase power parity .
u go in NY broadway to fulton paying $8 that is Rs 360 . now you can travel in mumbai kurla to CST Rs 8 .

Dipen01

Youngling
Purchase Power Parity.!!

Is this the term coined by you or its economics..!!

I would love to know details about it...may be in a laymans terms..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom