Patch ur SE phone to improve on the features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
by now i suppose people can read the prev. posted tuts to break in to the phone and then restore it. so i'll only talk abt the procedure to apply and remove the patches.

1) procedure to apply patches

step1: break into ur phone by loading breaker firmware via XS++ (follow till step3 and complete this step from the link given)

link: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59438

step2: now get into far manager and doublt click on FLASH on the left hand side. be in this folder only! DO NOT SINGLE OR DOUBLE CLICK ON MEMORY!!!! this is imp!

step3: drag the .vkp patch file from the right hand side in far (ur hdd) to the FLASH folder on the left (in phone).

step4: u'll be presented wid a dialog box which says: Flash. make sure u do not get a size mismatch error. IF U GET A SIZE MISMATCH ERROR OR ANY ERROR THEN BACK OUT. THE PATCH FILE IS CORRUPT AND IT'LL KILL UR PHONE. U'LL HAFTA FLASH THE MAIN, FS AND CUSTOMISATION AGAIN TO GET UR PHONE BACK!!!

in the dialog box, make sure the radio button on "Process Vkp script" is selected and the "Remove Patch" is NOT selected to apply the patch. the hex address ($4xxxxx - xxxxx) may vary from phone to phone. so dun bother abt it unless u get any error in which case u shud back out and NOT apply the patch! do not touch any other option. then select "Flash"

step5: some versions of far and some models of phone may give a warning saying the part u are flashing contains EROM. unless u get any other warning or error other than this press "Yes" to flash!

step6: it'll apply the patch and give an all ok, dialog box. click "Close" to close it.

step7: back out and exit far manager. disconnect and replace the battery after few secs.

step8: now follow the procedure of unloading the breaker firmware. (follow step 5 from the above given link)

thats it you've successfully patched ur phone and intro'd some changes! :)

2) procedure to remove patches

follow all the steps till Step 4. in the dialog box that u get here, instead of letting the the "Remove patch" option unchecked, CHECK IT now. do not touch any other option and select "Flash" follow from step5 as it is to remove the particular patch.

!!!IMPORTANT!!! be sure not to delete the .vkp patch u've downloaded coz at a later time if u feel u need to remove the patch u'll need the .vkp patch for its removal. store it at a safe place. also note that patches are model as well as firmware specific, which means a patch designed for k750i r1db firmware won't work wid a w700i wid r1db firmware or even, a patch designed for w700i r1ca firmware won't work wid a w700i wid r1db firmware. so be very careful here! !!!IMPORTANT!!!

i'm uploading some of the patches here. u can download and apply them :)

haf fun modding ur SE phone, cheers :)

here are the patches:
w800 r1bc firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584466/w800_r1bc.zip.html

w300 r9a firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584543/w300_r9a.zip.html

w550 r4cb firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584600/w550_r4cb.zip.html

k750 r1ca firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584687/k750_r1ca.zip.html

w700 r1ca firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584761/w700_r1ca.zip.html

w800 r1l firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584824/w800_r1l.zip.html

w700 r1db firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584925/w700_r1db001.zip.html

w810 r4ea firmware: *rapidshare.com/files/35584992/w810_r4ea031.zip.html

note: even tho i've taken care to segregate the patches depending on the model and firmware version plz make sure the .vkp patch inside the .zip/.rar file is specific to ur model and firmware version. double check before patching.

also most of the patch names are self explanatory. if anyone wants any help regarding what the patch doesn, please post the name of the .vkp patch, model and firmware version. i'll give info abt what the patch does :)

as of now i cud only test w700i r1ca blue battery colour and different fonts for sms/clock etc. i liked the battery mod but the alternative font size is too small so i've unpatched it.

source: as always, various se enthusiast sites :)

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
nice job infra_red_dude.
off topic-i flashed my phone four months ago in order to increase sound and got a low quality sound(loud).now i want to revert to original acoustic drivers.do you know how to add original acoustic drivers to w810i using far.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@techgenius
follow this thread on installing the acoustic drivers. it mentions the procedure to do so using FAR:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54672

i'm uploading the original w810i acoustic drivers here. download them and use these instead of the ones mentioned in the above link:
*rapidshare.com/files/35962956/acoustic.rar.html

@shashank_re
radio widout headset patch is useless buddy. thats coz the phone doesn't haf an inbuild antenna for radio. so even if u apply that patch and are able to turn on the radio, it won't work. so it doesn't make any sense to apply that patch!

shashank_re

In the zone
dude is there any patch which enables us to minimise the bluetooth transfer?
i.e we should be able to message/view files when transfering files through BT similar to the nokias

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok here are about 34 .vkp patches!!! some are buggy so u mite wanna unpatch it as soon as u patch. jus try. out of these the most useful for me is the whitelist to blacklist, where in u can block calls from certain numbers. the settting>call>manage call>accept calls becomes reject calls. even tho the name shown is accept calls, any number added to this will be blocked after patching!

*www.4shared.com/dir/2816350/eb85b7/sharing.html

enjoy :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the whitelist to blacklist patch works perfectly! just tried it. settings>calls>manage calls>accept list becomes reject list. (tho the accept list identifier is same, it can be changed to reject list too by editing some files). whatever number u wanna blacklist just add the number to this list and a busy tone will automatically be sent to the caller in this blacklist! :)

::flash news::

slayer has modded the camdriver for w700i. its in beta stages. features:

faster saving times, more sharpness.

download it from here:
*rapidshare.com/files/36465517/camdriver_modded.zip.html

note: it is still in beta stage. so it may or may not work properly for u. take a backup of ur working driver first. do post the bugs here if u notice any.

thanks to slayer, from the w700i community :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
some more patches:

*rapidshare.com/files/37504379/replase_icon_sms_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
this patch replaces the inbox icon, messages etc.

*rapidshare.com/files/37504171/management_player_means_of_sets_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
probably one of the most useful patches. u can change the songs in walkman by pressing the button on the headset! even when it is minimised and the keypad locked!! the trade off here is that u'll lose the voice dialing functionality. to use this feature u need to enable voice dialing. i dun use voice dialing much so this patch is of immense use for me!!!

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
The headset patch is really useful.Thank thanks thanks a lot!
Will patch as soon as possible.

But i found that after degrading to R1CA21 firmware,the signal quality decreased.
Sometimes i see no signal even if iam on the road!Is there any way to increase the signal strength?
And any patch to lock messages and/or games?

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Tech Genius said:
will it work on R4EA031 supporting phone.
i think i have the latest firmware.

tuff luck! sorry pal. doesn't work there! :(

shashank_re said:
But i found that after degrading to R1CA21 firmware,the signal quality decreased.
Sometimes i see no signal even if iam on the road!Is there any way to increase the signal strength?

never ever experienced it! hey if u are in bangalore and a hutch customer then theres no problem wid ur set. its happening to all hutch customers. but afaik signal reception has got nothing to do wid firmware.

shashank_re said:
And any patch to lock messages and/or games?

not yet!

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
Yes iam the Hutch Bangalore user.Any idea when its going to be rectified?

Hey dude,is there any patch to lock Keypad with password?

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
dunno man... all hutch customers are affected! i think they are upgrading and it'll take sometime.........

shashank_re said:
Hey dude,is there any patch to lock Keypad with password?

as of now this is only possible in one firmware version of w800i. thats it! :(

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey guys! more patches for w700i r1ca firmware

1) *rapidshare.com/files/37947236/3gp_to_mp4_v3_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Renames the captured video from 3gp to mp4. it doesn't change the quality, only renames.

2) *rapidshare.com/files/37947266/disable_setupwizard_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Disables the startup wizard when sim card is changed.

3) *rapidshare.com/files/37947291/timeout_dimmers_v2_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Increases the keylock/backlight period by twice the duration.

4) *rapidshare.com/files/37947312/delete_icon_profile_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Removes the profile icon from the top status bar when a profile is changed.

5) *rapidshare.com/files/37947333/fast_rewind_long_mp3_videofiles_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Increases the time of fast forward or rewind, meaning that will happen faster now. particularly usefull wid lenghty media files.

6) *rapidshare.com/files/37947354/move_drivers_to_other_v4_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Moves the acoustic, camera, display drivers to phone>others>drv folder. be sure to create this drv folder under phone>others and put in acoustic, display and camera drivers there before applying this patch! this is important!!!

7) *rapidshare.com/files/37947369/move_layout_to_other_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Move layout.xml from /tpa to phone>others>ly. Be sure to place the layout.xml file here before applying the patch!

8) *rapidshare.com/files/37947383/move_menu_to_other_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Move menu (which contains the menu.ml and menu icons) from /tpa to phone>others>menu. be sure to place all the menu icons and menu.ml in that folder before applying the patch! this patch will facilitate easy change of menu icons.

9) *rapidshare.com/files/37947413/playlist_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Moves the playlist created in walkman to card>MP3>Playlist. be sure to create the playlist folder in card>MP3 before applying this patch. the playlist created will be of .pml extension which can be read in notepad. there are editors available for these playlists but at the moment don't seem to work wid this. i'm trying......

10) *rapidshare.com/files/37947445/replase_icons_video_file_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
Replaces the blue video file icon wid the type of video file. in file manager>video, all video files are shown wid a icon of blue colour. this patch will identify video files just as it does wid the audio files. if the video file is a 3gp file, it'll indicate 3gp and if mp4 then it'll display mp4.

shashank_re

In the zone
Hi dude!
While i was browsing through SE NSE site,i noticed something called sysgfx to change the battery icons.
How is this done?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you need to apply a patch for sysgfx to work. its one shop stop for controlling all the system gfx. its buggy rite now and i dun think it has been successfully ported to w700i, so hafnt posted anything abt it.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
03 august

been very busy dude.. so cudn't check out.. will check it out in sometime and try on my phone if there are any :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04 august 2007

thanks to shashank for reminding me abt patches!! :D i'd completely forgotten abt it... been quite busy.

ok, so here i come after testing some interesting patches! :)

1) change tracks and radio stations wid the press of the button on the hpm70 (the prev. version allowed only tracks in walkman. to use this patch u need to remove the prev. patch management_player_means_of_sets_w700_r1ca021. then apply this patch)

remove this patch first (if u've patched it beforehand): *rapidshare.com/files/46722158/management_player_means_of_sets_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
and then apply this patch: *rapidshare.com/files/46721932/management_player_and_radio_v4_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html

2) enable password protection for all menus in ur phones! i think this patch needs to be work on. nevertheless its good fortification for ur phone :) you need to apply both the patches at the same time, one after the other:
a) *rapidshare.com/files/46722349/api_v3_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html
b) *rapidshare.com/files/46722480/password_functions_phone_v2.6a_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html

after applying this patch and following the std proc to get back the phone. lock the keypad and press the volume down key once. this will get activated. this uses the phone lock code as the password. so set it before patching.

3) remove the emergency numbers (sometimes works, sometimes not): *rapidshare.com/files/46722791/remove_emergency_calls_w700_r1ca021.vkp.html

4) finally sysfx patch is ported to w700i :) but its still buggy (no thumbnails, shutdown image etc.) but it works.... *** before applying this patch, create a folder "gfx" under the pictures folder in ur phone (NOT memory card) and extract the contents of the completed_updated.zip to this. it contains new icons and walkman skin *** alternatively after extracting this u may overwrite the contents of itunes.zip for itunes walkman skin)

a) sysfx patch: *rapidshare.com/files/46722888/total_replase_all_grafics_1_553.vkp.html
b) the grafix: *rapidshare.com/files/46723231/Complete_updated.zip.html
c) more resources, walkman itunes skin (place it in the gfx folder overwriting any files for applying this skin): *rapidshare.com/files/46723461/iTunes_v1.0.rar.html

i installed and uninstalled the sysfx patch. it was a bit buggy for me.

thanks to the w700i modding community :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom