Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I am using Windows XP Home SP2 Edition. I have kept a password with the help of CIMOS. But I heard that assigning a password to the Adminstrative account is more secure. Is that true. Then how to do it? How to delete the password on the CIMOS?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
To del the CMOS password go to BIOS then reasign ur password with blank... thats it...

yes windows XP password is safer... as BIOS password can be erase by just detaching the mobo batary....

& u can add user name password from Control Panel...

babumuchhala

In the zone
As for CMOS vs Win XP passwd win xp passwd is a billion times safer.

I u still wanna make ur pc safe and secure.

Turn off Guest Account. It will block unwanted entry to ur PC. Yes Guest account is absolutely useless, but then if u want no one other than a known person to access it.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
xp password is lot safer .. everybody agrees with that

Most people use their own name as account names ...
but there is a hidden administrator account in xp ..

boot xp in safe mode ( to do that, press F8 as soon as you switch on the computer )
then choose 'safe mode' among the available options
you should see 'Administrator' account along with the commonly used account.
Login into that account and change its password

Of course, if you dont need .. turn off the guest account, as already suggested

tuxfan

Technomancer
If data theft is a problem then a combination of CMOS password as well as OS password could be the best (although not the safest :cry:) bet.

If you only keep XP password, then someone can still use a bootable CD like Knoppix and look around in your XP partition for interesting files.

IMHO, as long as someone has a physical access to a PC, data is never 100% safe :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom