password protect drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i recently bought a portable 80gb hdd and have made a 5gb partition for my documents. in the rest of the space i keep movies, songs etc which i often share with friends. i need a software (preferably free) using which i can password protect the documnets partition. pls suggest

sorry, realised after posting that its in the wrong section

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
search in the software forum, I posted the same query & u will find the answers there.
Or click my name & see messages posted by ranjan2001

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you can use the encryption packge: truecrypt. its an opensource encryption program and works flawlessly. u need to create a protected space and then u can map it as a drive. more instructions on its site:

*www.truecrypt.org/

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
xbonez said:
i recently bought a portable 80gb hdd and have made a 5gb partition for my documents. in the rest of the space i keep movies, songs etc which i often share with friends. i need a software (preferably free) using which i can password protect the documnets partition. pls suggest

sorry, realised after posting that its in the wrong section

MAN USE MAGIC FOLDER IT WILL MAKE ur FOLDERS/FILES COMPLETELY INVI. 4RM HARD DISK

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
btw, folder lock won't prolly work wid usb drives coz it needs a driver to be installed and loaded on windows startup.

Kenneth

Broken In
Folder Lock offers full portability, its really working successfully for me, I can use it to secure my USB and can take it any where with my data protected by Folder Lock. I think you may give it a try.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Dude, I agree Folder Lock is awesome. Still, the last time a post was made in this thread, Sarkozy won the French Elections, and Kim Clijsters retired from tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom