PASSWORD HACKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkyardmob

Broken In
In offfice my pc is shared. The other user has changed my windows login password although he just did it for fun but still i consider it as a threat to my privacy because i check my bank account status and transfer money also he can access my official mail id as he teld me.

I understand that using key stroke logger's one can hack passwords but he can hack others passwords on different machines. how is it possible?
If any key logger is installed can we know about that in task manager?

Also i don't want to complain against him to the management as i know he is not doing with any bad intentions and he is really a nice person but my privacy is on stack.

PLEASE HELP

susk21

Broken In
he must have put a trojan or a keystroke logger on your network, using which he is able to keep track ofwhat u type...

you can check your processes [ CTRL+ALT+DEL on WinXP] and see if there's any malicious or any suspicious process running...

you can download this freeware tool also

*www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

to check all your active processes and the services attached to these processes.

hope that helps...

phatratt

In the zone
i think thay guy must have installed a keylogger,some keylogger can hide from the taskmanager and others can disguies as system files like ctfmon.exe,lsass.exe,etc.Goto msconfig and check for programs with suspicious names in the startup list and also check where they have been installed.

bit

Banned
Scan your system with Kaspersky and good anti-spyware such as ad-aware to dig out any keyloggers.

BTW, which OS are you using ?
If you are using windows 2000 / XP restrict others from accessing your account.

adi87

Journeyman
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How to restrict others from using my account.
Also how can i disable viewing of files belonging to my account by others????

Hi phatratt is right,

Use Anti-keylogger 2006 .. Google for it . It can block most of dem..

phatratt said:
i think thay guy must have installed a keylogger,some keylogger can hide from the taskmanager and others can disguies as system files like ctfmon.exe,lsass.exe,etc.Goto msconfig and check for programs with suspicious names in the startup list and also check where they have been installed.

mvishnu

Broken In
i hav a much more weird story...

My cousin claims she was chatting with someone...All was going well, then suddenly that guy said... "shall i tell u ur password?" she told him to giv it a try. and that guy got it!! her password is 17chrtrs.

Do u think this story can b true? can yahoo b inssecure enough to allow hackers to get passwords without being in contact with the machine through which the id is accessed?

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ Maybe, the hacker had booted yahoo msgr through booters then he might have came in the hard drives and spyed the passwords? :? :)

OP
J

junkyardmob

Broken In
Finally solved the suspense

Hi friends
thanks for ur help
finally i confirmed that he was using a key logger. That key logger doesn't come in the processes in task manager also it can be installed in any directory so it is difficult to find out only in program files . Its default directory is program files/ sync manager and the combination key is

Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G

so if in future u r in suspecious of any key logger u can try this key combination may be that particular key logger is installed on that machine.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
if u want ur documents to be made private(cannot be accessed unless u hav the password,even if u boot thru other OS!!!!)right click on my documents->sharing->check make files private.thats it.but if the other person has the password then no luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom