PARTITION PROBLEMS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suj_engico

Broken In
CAN ENYONE TELL ME A GOOD SOFTWARE TO PARTITION MY DRIVE???
I have tried using "PARTITIONER 3.03"
But I am getting errors.
In fact due to some malfunction my other drive got affected as well. :!: :!: :oops: 8) 8)

swatkat

Technomancer
Best Free Partitioning software is Ranish Partition Manager, and it's DOS based tool without any Graphics, but it's a very good tool and fits on a Floppy!!!!
*www.ranish.com/part/

Other Partition softwares like Norton/PowerQuest Partition Magic and Acronis Disk Director , 7-Tools Partition Manager r Windows based graphical partition tools with more advanced options....
but using demo of Partition Magic, Disk Director, u can not create/format any partitions, but u can only view them....

but u can use the Demo of 7-Tools Partition Manager which allows u to create, format, delete, hide/unhide, mount/unmount, view sectors (read/write access to any sector). Other functions (convert, resize, any operations with active partitions) aren't working in demo version......
*7tools.paragon.ag/demo_pm.html

bishnu_rath

Broken In
partition magic 7.0/8.0 ur best bet if u want to resize ur
partition while keeping existing data.
if keeping data is not important then use windows98 fdisk
or windows xp disk part ( by booting from xp cd)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
what is the error msg u get ? which brand of disk ? . if ur repartitioning and reformating the whole disk , run the manufactureres utilities to test the disk prior to using it . then use the manufacturers disk manager / wizard to start the initial partitioning and backup mbr after each partition creation .
if u have data already , try gpart (or was it qpart ?? ) in linux from linux live cds , works well .

M

manas

if you are using windows try out norton's partition magic 8.0.

iinfi

mekalodu
i have used partition magic 8.0 with win98 .....
i had a good experience and wud recommend it to anyone .....
no data loss.....
no chinta...

bishnu_rath said:
partition magic 7.0/8.0 ur best bet if u want to resize ur
partition while keeping existing data.
if keeping data is not important then use windows98 fdisk
or windows xp disk part ( by booting from xp cd)

But use it with your own Risk
As i used ir before
What i got??
All data Go and gone!!!!:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom