Status
Not open for further replies.

Kannan

In the zone
I have Windows XP Professional SP2 running on following hardware configuration,

Code:
Intel P4 3.4 GHz HT
Asus P5AD2 Premium Motherboard.
Segate SATA 120 GB HDD (FAT32 File system)

Previously 2 months back my another secondary Samsung 80 GB PATA HDD (FAT32 File system) failed and so I removed it. My system is working fine and I can see all my 6 (C:, D:, E:, F:, G:, H:) partitions.

I thought of doing a clean install of OS and so I booted from my Windows XP CD and it shows that only 1 Partition is available with size of 114471 MB with 1683 MB free space. I can't see other partitions. When I tried to select the only availble partition, setup gave an error message that it is an unknown partition.

When I booted from System Works Recovery CD it shows all the partitions (Seems like Windows PE Environment).

But when I boot in to Windows Normally I can see all the partition. Scandisk and Norton Disc Doctor says that there are no errors.

Please help me.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@kannan
U didnt mention how many partitions u hv?

And the BEST way will be repartition ur HDD, either by using FDISK or using PQMagic...

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Vishal Gupta said:
@kannan
U didnt mention how many partitions u hv?

And the BEST way will be repartition ur HDD, either by using FDISK or using PQMagic...

FDISK is the worst of them all dont use it !!!

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Guys I have edited the orginal master thread with the number of partitions info.

I am not ready to partition my hdd as I dont wanna loose data in other partitions.

Please suggest me some other methods.

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Ok the problem is solved :D

I donno what solved the problem.

These are what I did,

1. Tried to run Norton Partion magic from bootable CD, it asked me to disable Norton GoBack.
2. So I disabled it.
3. Then on restarting I used the Seagate Diagnostic tools to check my HDD.
4. After restaring, the Norton GoBack Boot Mode deleted the Recovery Info as I disabled it.
5. After booting into Windows I could see that there were lot of changes. For ex there was this login screen. I could see changes in the desktop.
6. I booted again from OS CD and this time I could see all the partitions.

Seems like the Norton GoBack was interfering !.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom