Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
I would love to ask you all Digitians whether our politicians are the right people
to rule this country.

The other day I was watching the N-deal vote in Lok Sabha. The entire setting
reminded me of a Kindergarten but with kids aged almost 55+
As the Principal we have Somnath Chatterjee who was shouting mostly
"Please" and "Sitdown". But these kids were laughing and shouting at
each other causing headache to this principal. For a moment I thought
this speaker would have a heart attack.

A few were not getting upto put up a fight but later
understood that most of them were sleeping. In a close shot I watched
a sleeping minister literally waking up in shock when another minister
thumped hard on the desk. May be it was his routine. A few minutes later
he again returned to his "normal" pose .And we also have this court
jester Laloo for a once in a while entertainment.

why are these members shouting all the time without hearing
their counterparts. May be all these 55 + people would be having problems
like diabetes, pressure etc. Just natural..!! So No one should complaint.huh? What a disgusting mockery it has been.

Is this democracy? People trust a few and are
sending them as ministers. In return we witness this drama. Remember guys
it is our money they all are playing with.I wonder why no one is complaining and demanding a court action for literally "thefting" our money and playing political
games for self interests.

India is "BIG" only geographically. We have to learn from countries like Singapore or UAE
to understand what development is all about.

We need people who are well educated in these seats. A rule should be there
so that only deserving candidates should be made politicinas and even the
specific ministers should be those having experience in the concerned area.
Else these goons will loot us .

Last edited:
OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Well, >24+hrs. Digitians don't even have a perspective on their country? A poll thread started almost at the same time asking whether you have a GF or not turned out to be
a favourite. The Silence speaks better than any poll results. Thanks Digitians!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, people are making fun of democracy......

Seriously, this multi party system as ruined us up.......We need a 2 party system so that it is clear a party will have a majority and there won't be any 'archans' in any sort of foreign policies........

jal_desai

In the zone
Well, people are making fun of democracy......

Seriously, this multi party system as ruined us up.......We need a 2 party system so that it is clear a party will have a majority and there won't be any 'archans' in any sort of foreign policies........

+10 . seriously ppl 200+ parties in india is too much... yes you read it right... 200+ and the worst thing is THEY ALL ARE CORRUPT... more or less. it is a desease that cannot be cured. they should be locked up in a bunker and thrown into the ocean bedrock.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more thing,

Make 100% voting compulsory and those who don't vote, fine them........Seriously, this will make the people of India think better about their own country......They'll choose the correct MLA & MP.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Also, we need to stop the violent politics in our college campuses. Instead we need
to educate on the subject along with its practical implementation which will make them tommorows leaders.Most of our youth leaders would have started their journey by throwing stones at buses

Today in colleges these students are turning puppets. They don't even know who is really pulling the string.

narangz

Web developer
One more thing,

Make 100% voting compulsory and those who don't vote, fine them........Seriously, this will make the people of India think better about their own country......They'll choose the correct MLA & MP.

Why? If I don't like the candidates why should I vote? I shall never vote for a candidate with a poor track record. Do we have the candidates which deserve to be a MP or an MLA? The answer is- 99.9% No!!!

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Regarding 100% voting how can one go to vote if he can't trust these candidates.
Looking at the ruling and opposition parties I feel myseld between sea and devil.
(Ofcourse we have a few good leaders in both sides but they turn numb in front of other goons in the party).

A man I respect is TN.Seshan who literally had to quit due to dirty politics.
Raju Narayana Swamy is an IAS rankholder from Kerala who is a puppet in front
of uneducated ministers. They are kicking him like a football. How shameful it is.

narangz

Web developer
^^
I'll vote any day for Mr. Manmohan Singh or Navjot Singh Sidhu. But the problem is they are not from our constituency. :D

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Why? If I don't like the candidates why should I vote? I shall never vote for a candidate with a poor track record. Do we have the candidates which deserve to be a MP or an MLA? The answer is- 99.9% No!!!
You have the right to not vote. There is a clause where you can go to the polling booth, verify your identity, ink your nail and tell the authority over there that you do not want to vote for anyone. If 50% people do not vote for anyone then there will be re-election. Also, all the candidates who were there for the first election cannot contest, so there will be all new candidates.

Even i had this thinking what why should i vote. But know i have decided to vote.

adi007

Youngling
Some of my suggestions :

1.Make a none of these option during voting and if it wins then then president rule is implied in that constituency
2.Age of retirement for politics should be 50
3.President should be given powers ,..ex: USA ...we don't want him/her to act just like a rubber stamp
4.if one day is wasted in parliament without any discussion,fine them so that they compensate the loss to the nation
5.2 party policy must be implemented
6.Candidates should have a bare minimum education

+1 ^^ exactly the reason why I never got myself enrolled in electoral rolls.
I want None Of The Above option added to the list.Then I will definitely go and cast my vote everytime.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
So what if "None Of the Above" wins the majority?

In the poll few feel that we are moving in the right direction and there is an entry in "Who cares" section too. If they can write their perspective that would be "enlightening"

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what if "None Of the Above" wins the majority?
We need better and new candidates.......Re-election in that constituency with other candidates*.
* = This thing should be adopted in our constitution.

100% voting is a good idea IMO......I know many parents of my friends and even my relatives who have "Elections, who cares?" type of attitude and this seriously needs to be changed. We must make the people of India think about the betterment of the country.......

In the poll few feel that we are moving in the right direction and there is an entry in "Who cares" section too. If they can write their perspective that would be "enlightening"
That 100% voting thing which I've suggested is actually to rectify this "Who cares?" attitude.....If we'll think about our country, then only it will progress........:)

Just go to the Voting Booth, stamp on the name of every candidate..........Your vote will be considered invalid......

And yes, we can also follow Sachin Kothari's way.....

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
That 100% voting thing which I've suggested is actually to rectify this "Who cares?" attitude.....If we'll think about our country, then only it will progress........:)
I dont care if its my duty or not, but i dont want to vote.
I will vote only if an educated good person stands for the election. Voting for someone means that you are ready to support them, you agree to let them rule you.
I don't like them illiterate people to rule us. So i wont vote.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont care if its my duty or not, but i dont want to vote.
I will vote only if an educated good person stands for the election. Voting for someone means that you are ready to support them, you agree to let them rule you.
I don't like them illiterate people to rule us. So i wont vote.
Dude, I said, go there and make an **invalid vote** but that won't be counted......We need 'None of the above' option too.

But we need to seriously make some ammendments in our constitution.

If the 'None-of the above' option wins, then we should have re-elections in that constituency with other candidates.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Dude, I said, go there and make an **invalid vote**......
Yeah..Thats a good idea, if voting is compulsory. Like if they are going to fine you or something in case you dont vote. Otherwise i dont see any point in casting an invalid vote.

If the 'None-of the above' option wins, then we should have re-elections in that constituency with other candidates.
+10000000
This is what we need.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah..Thats a good idea, if voting is compulsory. Like if they are going to fine you or something in case you dont vote. Otherwise i dont see any point in casting an invalid vote.
By compulsory voting I actually mean to atleast go to the booth and verify that you had come there to vote......:) And that fine is for those people who didn't even go the booth. The fine should be imposed on them for not being responsible citizens of India.

And though, we can make this thing flexible for senior citizens.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The fine should be imposed on them for not being responsible citizens of India.
Responsible is choosing the right leaders to run the Govt. If there are no leaders who can run the Govt. properly, then if someone doesn't vote, then even he is a responsible citizen. Much more concerned than the people who vote just for the sake of it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Responsible is choosing the right leaders to run the Govt. If there are no leaders who can run the Govt. properly, then if someone doesn't vote, then even he is a responsible citizen. Much more concerned than the people who vote just for the sake of it.
Yes, I got your point but we can atleast chose the **better** of the two rotten breads......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom