Panther OS (OS of MAC) on computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
MAC OS X (Panther) can not be installed in PC, as it does not teh architecture natively.....

But, ther's one way to do it, u guessed it right :), Emulator way!!!!
This guy has done some great work abt this, see here....
*www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/01/18/PearPC.html

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
but again.... Pear PC duznt give u the real thing... also its very very slow... also u wud need to download that image which wud be either 3gb or 6gb.. and u wud need to purchase original mac os x 10.3.7 "Panther" ;) worth 7000 bucks ;)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Depends, judging natively and as a person who's fiddled with digital media, I'd say a Mac when it comes to sheer power and ease of use. But if you look at the number of applications, (did I mention games?) compatibility and TCO, I'd say Windows.

goobimama

 Macboy
I would love to go for a MAC, but its only the sheer percentage of software directed towards the PC that keeps one away from those beautiful desktop treats

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg
Rollaword.com

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well i never understadn why ppl find software for mac a hindrance... i mean how many software we ppl use.. i feel a compression utility.. a browser.. an office suite... a graphics editor... a media player. an ftp client and a download manager is what we need.... i mean all these software are available for a mac.... i dunnoe what more is required... yes for gaming its a bit of hindrance... but still a MAC is a MAC

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
one otherthing that i saw over the net most of the softwares (downloadble) has MAC & windows version... but know most of windows versions (files) r much bigger than MAC versions (files).......

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Software for the Mac is actually cheaper or the same price as software for Windows. The problems come with the sheer cost of owning a Mac here atleast, I mean how many people can actually afford a Mac. And while I can find every bit of software for my use on a Mac, what happens when it comes to heavy duty programming, most systems are geared towards the x86 Wintel, not to mention, that you can literally forget about games or be prepared to wait for a LONG time while the rest of the world has finished playing it thrice. If I can get enough money or access to a Mac Mini, maybe I'll switch. I've already fallen in love with the Mac once before, but falling in love with it is the same as falling in love with a Hollywood megastar. You know you've got next to a zero chance of actually being with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom