Panel Disappearing in Zenwalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Yestarday after a power cut at my place, I turned off my lappy and booted into my Zenwalk installation (Xfce) after an hour or so.

I was surprised to see the panel n dock disappearing.. Tried to crearte a new panel, by going
Right Click ----- Settings ---- Panel Manager
&
Tried to open panel manager from Zenwalk settings.

It refused to work!!

I was clicking on the panel manager and there was no action ! In the end I had to create a new login id n I got my panels back. All is working well here and I can acces panel settings.

What was the reason behind the strange behaviour??

M

mastana

your filesystem may got corrupted due to direct failure.try to use a livecd and run "fsck.ext3 -fvy /dev/sdxy" where sdxy is your zenwalk partition.make sure the partition NOT mounted.

Flake

Linux User
It looks like config files of Xfce have been corrupted. Are there any .xfce-xx folders in your home folder? Rename those and log out/in back.
Code:
ls -al

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I have deleted the User Id.. :(
Cant do much.. Nyways how can those files get corrupt all on their own?

Array your question have answer itself.. Improper Shutdown.. Thats why the config. files got corrupted. :)

A disk check (and renaming old config file) and restarting of PC will solve the problem in most cases.

OP
nitish_mythology

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Found the Reason

Its a bug that exists and is causing the problem! All I need to do was pess alt+f2 n type xfce4-panel.

Thats it, work done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom