Palit hd 4850 with no crossfire connector ! plzz help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Hi guys , just bought plait hd4850.
First thing struck me that the heat sink was the 'round one' - which i've never seen in any reviews on net. Second thing it had one DVI to VGA done adapter with pci-e power, BUT
it had no CROSS FIRE CONNECTOR!!!
hows this possible ?

I asked the dealer - he told it doesn't come with it!!!

Help guys - what to do ?

This was the card i expected but found it with different heat sink - golden color.
Any one having this card coz i'm having a different one->
*www.bioslevel.com/reviews/palit4850/6.JPG

imgame2

Padawan
its alright ...the one u are getting is the only one available right now ...

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_272&products_id=2437

that was the first reference model ....

moreover crossfire bridge connector hardly ever comes with a graphics card mostly it comes with mobo ...so don't worry about anything its alright ....by the how much did u get it for ...?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Dont worry, its a genuine product as imgame2 said. You can easily get a cross-fire connector from the market for dirt cheap prices. Even my 8800GT didnt come with a SLi Bridge (its called bridge in NVIDIA models :D).

OP
Power_user_EX

Power_user_EX

Guys i have uploaded the pic of my new hd palit hd 4850 :
IT IS THIS ONE :--->*i38.tinypic.com/2ik8xlg.jpg

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
bro i hv the exact same card too!
bought it jus 2de!
its the new pcb with improved cooler by Palit....to take care o heating issues...

as mentiond by others b4 me crossfire connectors generally come wid the mobo....
in any case ,keep an eye out for the bundled crossfire bridge,if and when u buy ur 2nd 4850 for xfire!

btw,could u post a gpuz screenshot of ur gpu plz....plz post the bios revison of ur card too...

get gpuz here... *www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1153/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.2.7.html

imgame2

Padawan
ask the people who have bought it ...i don't think there is any problem with them ...now they are going cheaper day by day ...

OP
Power_user_EX

Power_user_EX

Thx , all u guys for the quick responses.

sorry @mukherjee i have ordered the sapphire card and returned the palit one .

Sapphire gives good accessories and also the cross fire connector which is most important for me!!! coz ill be going xfire in future.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Kool.

@hellgate

Palit cards perform well and good.

Palit 9600GSO, Palit 8600GT Sonic+, Palit 9600GT and Palit HD4850 are some great variants from Palit. Palit manufactures good mobos too. Palit N73 based on the NVIDIA 630i is a very good VFM mobo.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ thats a very good mobo.

Review Links:
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/foxconn-mars.html
*www.trustedreviews.com/motherboards/review/2007/09/20/Foxconn-Mars/p1
*www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3116

hav ordered 4 the Palit HD4850 2day.lets see if i get the CF bridge.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Dood, you have such a nice rig then why bottleneck it with a 6200TC ? Its a good thing you ordered the Palit HD4850 :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom