Paint LED Art With Philips' Giant Light Canvas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voldy

The Dark lord
*blog.wired.com/gadgets/images/2008/02/27/0.jpg

Visitors at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, Arkansas, will have a bright canvas to paint on: a 14 foot-long interactive LED wall installed by Philips Electronics as a gift to the new hospital.

Named the "Imagination Light Canvas," the display has 1,420 touch-sensitive pixel elements, letting visitors finger-paint with light. Images persist for a few minutes, and six people can play simultaneously.

*blog.wired.com/gadgets/images/2008/02/27/1_2.jpg *blog.wired.com/gadgets/images/2008/02/27/2.jpg

Paul Zeven, CEO of Philips Electronics North America, said that it's located in the hospital's Women's and Children's waiting room, and would lessen the tension, anxiety and stress that families can experience when waiting for childbirth.

"We predict it will be a big hit with both children and adults,” Zeven said in a press release. According to Philips, the device uses no more electricity than a toaster.

Here at the Gadget Lab, we think this is fantastic. What better way to greet the entry of new life than with a towering, pixelated monument to tech-facilitated creativity? I loved the whole concept .

Source:wired

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Hmm.. Nice... I wish any Indian Hospital have this.. hehe...

Offtopic : Abe yaar,,, tu hamesha news sections me hii post kyo karta hai.. Dusre sections me bhii apnaa muh dikhaa diyaa kar... :D

OP
Voldy

Voldy

The Dark lord
Hmm.. Nice... I wish any Indian Hospital have this.. hehe...

Offtopic : Abe yaar,,, tu hamesha news sections me hii post kyo karta hai.. Dusre sections me bhii apnaa muh dikhaa diyaa kar... :D

i doesnt get it .... why its offtopic ?:(
its a kinda gadget created by Philips. its a piece of art in tech.

juliatkarzon

Right off the assembly line
In art class at school we were given a painting photocopy last week and I found out we have to analyze the painting in detail and I don't have it with me (it's at school) and it's due on Monday so I thought I could find it on internet but I don't know its name or the author. It is a realistic oil painting probably 19th century. There is a wooden table with grapes (both blue and green) with a dark background, and on the left is a violin, an open music notes book and a man's elbow in a white sleeve. Does anybody please know who the author or what the title of this painting is please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom