P-I System for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
P-II System for sale

Hi,

Corrected Its P-II and Not P-I. Was introduced just before P-III.

CPU : AMD K2/500 3D NOW!

MB : Tomato T530B SIS

RAM : 96 MB SD RAM (32+64)

USB : 2 PORTS

FLOPPY DRIVE : SONY

CD DRIVE : LG 48X AND ACER 40X

Please send offers

thanx

Last edited:

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
I remember it.... It was the first PC i ever saw.... Back in 1997... Engineering days... my first day at BE computer Science ... the latest lab had these admired them a lot... as we had to work on novell netwares nodes... P1 dude ... this is not a P1 system it is at par with p2 the next gen perhaps .... if you have patience can load windows xp on it... for best results use windows 2K though.. any guy who just need a PC for word processing... may be a mail here and there and occasional card games (aka SOL, Free cell types...) can buy it though.... Not every one needs a powerhungry machines to feel themselves elated... those who just need to work might consider this i used these machines for 4 years till 2001... and learned all the programming and every darned thing on that pC...

-----------------------------------
Just a request guys..........
Do not make fun of these machines as this will discourage peoples from offering there stuff on the forum...
if you are not interested just pass no need to post insulting comments....
Peace
Raj

saurav29

not talking about you man....
@imranais called it a vintage PC....
Just thought it was a little harsh...

peace
raj

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Well it is a museum piece now, maybe if you hang on to it for another 10 years you can get a good price for it, like stamp or coin collectors.

amitava82

MMO Addict
NucleusKore said:
Well it is a museum piece now, maybe if you hang on to it for another 10 years you can get a good price for it, like stamp or coin collectors.

Exactly. Thats why i'm not selling my old GFX card. i have sis 6320 n TNT2 :D

king007

In the zone
saurav29 said:
not talking about you man....
@imranais called it a vintage PC....
Just thought it was a little harsh...

peace
raj

What's wrong in calling it a vintage PC? P-I computer in the era of Quad-core and Dual core processors is obviously Vintage.. :!:

saurav29

imranais said:
What's wrong in calling it a vintage PC? P-I computer in the era of Quad-core and Dual core processors is obviously Vintage.. :!:

you don't get it man.......... i guess you never will.........
but still try..........
the time tested wisdom says that you donot need sword in place of needles.....

Even your thoughts are narrow.... Just a gamer perhaps.... Try This for instance... Computers have found their applications in every works of life...

Scene 1: You went to your local photocopy, thesis typing... aka Business Point... What do you expect to see a DUAL CORE AND QUAD CORE there, no man.... the guy sitting there has to deal with too many truths in his day to day life he needs to earn and will just work on word processors and take printouts these kinds of system offer them value for money and a chance to earn livelihood..........

Scene 2: you went to a shop... Not the computer but a general supplier of hardwares .... you can see a computer sitting in the corner with a DMP attached to it... Some dos based application like tally is running on it and a guys keep on punching vouchers into the system.. A SETH Ji sits there corner looking into the printouts and calculation his money grow.... You obviously will think that Lala ji will care that system is QUAD CORE and will unwind playing oblivion in high details............

Scene 3: Long live our belief in horoscope and Somebody's Ability to peek into the future...If you ever visited a local astrologer who uses softwares like kundli pro and parashar light or bhagyadarpan........... the guy there can earn a much as 20K a month for starters and upto god knows what!!!, he just need the computer to print horoscope and take a copy....
SO OBVIOUSLY he will buy a QUAD CORE GAMING SYSTEM.. and will run kundli pro all day and will shut down at night and feel himself proud that he is NOT HOLDING a "VINTAGE MUSEUM PIECE" ???

Scenarios are numerous warehouses, medical shops, schools junior labs, ......... The thing is that you should be willing to shed your narrow prospective and get a grip........
Life aint't QUAD AND DUAL CORE MAN most part of it sucks if you have to earn money from your system....

But i guess you guys are too brainwashed by the BigWigs (READ INTEL, AMD, MICROSOFT, NVIDIA, ATI) who tells you to upgrade everytime some technology changes... So that you End up buying things you never need in the First Place???........ and by the time if ever a need arises you end up knowing you are already a few Gen Behind...........

WHATEVER AND WHATSOEVER
PEACE
RAJ

king007

In the zone
^^^I guess there are no lalaji's or astrologers on Digit forums (or are they?) who would buy a P-I computer from market section of a technology forum...

I got ur point that there still are people who work on windows 98 or maybe even windows 95 but then they dont use internet or even if they do they wont be reading Digit magazines and last thing digit forums, isnt it?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sarvesh how much do you expect for the system? I am interested in a low end system ie. a P1 or P2 or the likes.

saurav29

imranais said:
^^^I guess there are no lalaji's or astrologers on Digit forums (or are they?) who would buy a P-I computer from market section of a technology forum...

I got ur point that there still are people who work on windows 98 or maybe even windows 95 but then they dont use internet or even if they do they wont be reading Digit magazines and last thing digit forums, isnt it?

OMG i give up............... You seem to assume too many things......... Just donot think that only high tech guys and gals use internet if that would be the case........ The DoD would have never made it public....... aka arpanet and the begining of the very internet... De Facto! man people from every works of life uses it...... Thats why it was never confined to few select peoples though..... As far as i know digit is one of the best sellling computer magazine and no matter if you have an IT background or not people buy it... I work in a Bank and there are a lot of bankers here... They may not know a lot about computers though we get multiples copies of digit in our library and most of them ar often issued.... If anybody wants to now anything about computers they begin by these magazines only....

As for forum members are concerned the guest are also allowed... so i do not think that i can say or assume for sure that only the peoples with high PC hardware Requirement will only browse through....

So i give them benefit of the doubt and originally that was my only request... "
Just a request guys..........
Do not make fun of these machines as this will discourage peoples from offering there stuff on the forum...
if you are not interested just pass no need to post insulting comments....
"
my man if you can, try to catch my drift.................

Internet is a vast world, which provides a lot of options........ options that were never before possible .. The downside of this is that an average internet user grows an intolerance towards many things... Like complex sounding words and phrases... complicated explanations ... all these things so the next time you be rude to someone, make fun or pass harsh statements, Be sure that will not be tolerated by that person and he will leave with a bad impression about you .... or the forum in general now you do not want that or do you.................

The general rule here is BE NICE OR LEAVE the policy is 0 tolerance or near zero tolerance......... If you are are rude or reserve person then what are you doing here on the internet????

Thats why i try to be polite to everyone and expects the same if no who cares !!!!!!

Whatever man..........
peace
raj
Peace
Raj

OP
Sarvesh

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Its P-II and not P-I as mentioned before.

AMD K2 is alternate for P-II

RAM are SDRAM 100Mhz

I have corrected the thread. extremely sorry,

drsethi

Journeyman
PII can still do certain (rather most of) jobs. Keep it as 2nd computer for an emergency or donate to someone who wants to do simple things with computer.Like schools, small office etc.

drgodwin

Right off the assembly line
You should have seen what a Commodore 64 could fo way back in 1987.
advertising

Last edited by a moderator:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Sarvesh mention what you are expecting first than more people might be interested in replying.

drgodwin

Right off the assembly line
You know you can modify the system to suit your decor. This piece should be modified to use as an animal shelter.

:D

Godwin Wilson
www.drgodwin.50megs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom