Status
Not open for further replies.

tharkiman

Broken In
I have P4 2.8 GHz Processor & ASRosk P4i45GL Motherboard (& 768 MB RAM). Is there any possibility of overclocking the system? (I mean increase the processor speed etc..?)

P.S. I am new to overclocking.!

Anindya

In the zone
Hello even I want to overclock my PC. It has P4 3GHz on a 865GBF m/b. Please tell me how to overclock it in detail.

Manxish

Broken In
Hey Anindya we are in the same boat coz the mobo you mentioned is the one I have been using for past two years.I tried 'Intel Desktop Control Center' which would require the processor to support 'sidestep' technology in order to overclock.Try it out if your processor supports.Though in my case it failed to even install.:mad:

Mooding the Bios is another way to overclock:confused: . I downloaded a few softwares to access Bios info but i would need some more help our friends to do something about it.:x

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I think ASRosk P4i45GL will have some Overclocking options....go through the BIOS and check it out ur self! :)

Manxish

Broken In
It is the mobo(D865GBF) that does'nt let me overclock :mad: the processor (the new prescott P4 2.4A with 533FSB with 1mb L2 cache).The bios has virtually no option to overclock except for the memory timings.Even adjusting the memory timings renders the system unbootable.:mad: :(

The default timings are as follows
SDRAM RAS Act. to Pre. [7]
SDRAM CAS# Latency [2.5]
SDRAM RAS# to CA# delay [3]
SDRAM RAS# Precharge [3]

In my quest to overclock I had used a soft called CPU Cool(previously CPU FSB).Thanks for the link you mentioned 'tech mastermind'.I found it had some software links but they are for testing and validating only none of them actually lets me overclock. Please mention any other such software.

I need to do something about overclocking processor and memory timings.

Please give a link to a bios mod for the mobo.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
You can try "Crystal CPUID" .....for mem timings try out "Memset" or "A64 Tweaker" But I doubt that it will work on on A64sss.. :p

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
yeah! Memset will work.. :) But I don't think will be able to do much coz his timings are good for cheap rams....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom