Overclocking Doubts!!

Have you ever overclocked your processor??

• Yes! I did but my processor got damaged!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overclocking? What's That??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I have a Intel Pentium IV 1.702 Ghz processor on a VIA technologies MotherBoard with 128 Mb DDR RAM 133 MHz. I overclocked my CPU by increasing the CPU multiplier (or something like that) from 8 to 9 and CPU click speed from 100 to 102 and got a boost of speed to 1.740+ GHz. I further increased those values to 10 and 103 and got a further boost in speed (1.771GHz). The computer started running so fast that i UnderClocked again to the previous values because i was afraid. However, the motherboard temp. was about 50 degrees and CPU temp was 107 degrees after i played Delta Force 4. How do I know the exact value till which i can overclock.
PS: I'm using 'FreshDiagnose' to benchmark and know the temperatures.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No hard and fast rule, buddy. Just keep OCing until you find an excessive increase in temperature or system instabilities/unexpected program behavior. At that point, tone down, and always remember to OC in very small increments to avoid serious damage. And a 107 degree temperature is just too much for the system to bear. You're heading the right way for thermal damage in the long run. Once you OC, run heavy-duty apps such as Doom 3 or FC, or use the SiSoft Sandra Burn-In tests to make sure your temperatures dont rise too much and your system doesnt become unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom