1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

overclocked gfx card

Discussion in 'Graphic cards' started by abhishek_sharma, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhishek_sharma

abhishek_sharma New Member

i have a xfx nvidia geforce4 mx 4000 agp card which had factory clock freq as =>
    275 Mhz [core clock frequency]
    memory clock freq = 286 Mhz

a couple of days back i tried overclocking it and clocked it to 300 and 357 mhz respectively, w/o any visible problems.
    i can now even play nfsu2 on my p3 1.0 ghz comp with full details at 800x600 quite well
    however one thing is troubling me...how much can i overclock, and since, overclocking means heating up of the card, will it b advisable to install a fan or sth to cool the card
    also when the comp shows up win xp desktop after booting, the screen goes black for just a split second..does it mean tht i have overclocked the card to more than what was safe...
    please help, i'm overclocking for first time.

2. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

plz dont overclock as this nullifies ur warranty this is my advice.

3. OP
    OP
    abhishek_sharma

abhishek_sharma New Member

arey what stupid kind of advice is this...the world overclocks their cards/mobos/cpus...so whats the harm, if i do it properly.
    and i have already used it for around 1 yr...so i dont care much abt warranty, dont even knw whether it carries any warranty or not...

4. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

Well, all u need to do is to do to successfully overclock is to give enough power supply and cooling......
    Thats what's done for overclcking processors.....i m not sure about graphics cards......but it is better to install a fan if it does not have any onboard cooling mechanism( i dont think 4000 has 1)

5. darklord

darklord New Member

Well the Geforce MX4000 had Passive cooling if i remember correctly.
    In that case i would recommend fitting a fan on the heatsink to keep things safe.Also i dont think the memory has any kind of cooling.
    Such a massive overclock is ok for a short period for benchmarking but not for sustained use.
    Get small heatsinks n fit it on the ram chips or back down the memory overclock.

Anyways,nice OC there. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.