Overclock Onboard Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
sure u can...... that is a good board... has decent overclocking options...

Go in to BIOS, increase the bus frequency by 5, reboot
run Prime95 torture test for 1-2 munites, if staable...

again increase by 5 and so on....

also, the first increase u make u can make an increase of 15-20 Mhz... because in most cases it will atleast overclock this much..... even with Hynix ram....

if prime95 fails... decrease the frequency by 1-2Mhz... find a stable spot....
Now run prime 95 for atleast 5 hours... (10-12 hours recommended) to see if it is erally stable...
If it is... decrease the frequency By 1-2Mhz... and u are done with overclocking...
If it is not... again decrease by 1-2Mhz... find a stable frequency...

yeah u can also choose to run ur comp at the stable frequency... no problem with that.... but some experts suggest backing up 1-2Mhz .. anyhow how much performance will that extra 1 Mhz give u......

also, i dont recollect having a divider for memory on this BIOS.....if there is... use it when u feel that u cant go any further...

post back... monitor using cpu-z or everest ...

Things NOT to do....
If u have a voltage control setting.... DO NOT leave it at auto I said DO NOT leave it at auto... some motherboards tend to increase voltage by themselves... we do not want that... set the voltage between 1.4v and 1.45v.... u will probably not require more than that because ur ram will throttle u before that..... in case u do..... dont do withous asking...

i am assuming that u are a newbie and suggesting things.... if u have done all the overclocking in the world u are at ur own and u can play with voltage as u like.....[/b]

Kniwor

Learner
overclocking only the graphics card and not the processor is insane.......

a processor overclocks better, gives a good performance boost and not only in graphics but in all apps...

anyhow if he meant so... thatś my mistake...

so just appy the registry tweak and get the extra clock settings tab there...
thatś all to it

jay4u

In the zone
i dont think that one can overclock onboard graphics... help me out guys.. can one really overclock onboard graphics......???????

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
No use overclocking IGP.It might help by 2--3 FPS.And it will also put your north-bridge at a risk coz in most mobos it in the same IC and Heat Sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom