OVER HEATING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navisangha

Journeyman
hi ,
i have 2.8 Ghz , on Intel original 915 , 256 MB 400Mhz ram , 80 GB 7200rpm , i work on Win 2000 and XP , the ideal temp of my Pc is 63-65 degree but when i play Halo in XP and restart i chk BIOS for temp , it shows 67-69 degrees . I have attached an additional fam , but i want to ask tht it throw air out or suck it into the cabinet , And also tell price of Original XP and 2000 server in India.
Thanx

D

Deleted member 5901

Hey ur fan should be throwing th hot air out !!!

It must be circulating all the hot air inside !!! thats y its Over heating !! chang the direction of ur fan !!!!

Cheers !!!!

rohanbee

Padawan
It doesn't matter which way your fan is put.....inwards or outwards. If it is pulling in air then it is pulling in cool air from outside the cabinet and if it is throwing out air it is throwing out hot air. So according to me it works both ways.
The pentium 4 prescotts have a general tendency to heat up especially while running graphics hungry applications.
Try to download xp sp2 that helps in tackling a software glitch in the temp monitoring.
Also try to open the side of your cabinet and see if it makes any difference.

V

vishal_bhatia87

rohanbee is right: and the price of original XP in india is near about 3500 bucks for home oem license and near about 7000 for pro oem.

OP
N

navisangha

Journeyman
actually i have two pcs 1 with original WinXP home edition came with compaq PC , other Pirated XP professional , SP2 doesnt install on it as it says that the key used for installtion is not valid. So , can i use my Compaq key , More, recently i used a software to find key that was used to install my Compaq PC , it is different from the key pasted on front panel of cabinet , so i have got 2 keys.

And is 63-67 , ( in evening 60-63) a normal or is getting overheated considering the fact that outside temp is really hot and no AC in room. And will changing Cabinet Fan work.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro the Ideal solution is to have Two Fans ..1 that Sucks air in and Other That throws the hot Air Out......also chk if ur cabinet is cluttred with Hanging Cables etc ....keep some room in the Cabinate for Flow of Air in it...

actually i have two pcs 1 with original WinXP home edition came with compaq PC , other Pirated XP professional , SP2 doesnt install on it as it says that the key used for installtion is not valid. So , can i use my Compaq key , More, recently i used a software to find key that was used to install my Compaq PC , it is different from the key pasted on front panel of cabinet , so i have got 2 keys.

1st thats bkoz u mentioned u have a Pirated ver ..so Sp2 will detect it and wont install....There are ways to deal with it..but its not ethical to talk here

2nd No u cant use ur Compaq key..as its for Home edition..and wont apply for the Proff edition ....you will need the Proff ed Sp2 key to install Sp2 .....

what exactly u mean by 2 keys ????? did u used the Key on the front panel of cabinet to install Home ed ?? if u ddnt then u will have 2 diff keys ....but if u did....then may b the soft is showin the key in other format

eg : insted of ABCDE-FGHIJ.......
its showin 1234-xxxxxx etc

is it right???

saROMan

QA Juggler
Thermel Paste is a Paste used as a Heat Disperser which is applied on the Processor..u can get it in any Hardware Store (Computer h/w ;) )...

remove the Fan/heatsink, apply the paste on the proccy thuroughly and put the fan back ..more info Here

D

dinesh_singh

I DONT THINK THERMAL PASTE WILL SOLVE A HEATING PROBLEM....
SEE IF ITS ISNT CRACKED THEN IT ISNT BROKEN.
THE QUESTION IS;- ARE YOU GETTING HANGS OR PROBLEMS RUNNING UR APPLICATION????
HAVE YOU TOUCHED UR HEATSINK WHEN UR SYSTEM SHOWS 69 DEGTREE??

MANY BOARDS NOW A DAYS READ TEMPERATURE FROM THE DIODE BENEATH THE CPU....OBVIOUSLY THE TEMP IS MUCH MORE THEN THE CPU THERE.
YOU CAN VERYFY THIS BY DOWNLOADING FIRST EVER BIOS RELEASE OF THE BOARD.
OR GET A SOPHISTICATED TEMPERATURE MONETORING DEVISE AND CHECK THE TEMP OF THE CPU HEATSINK....U WILL KNOW THAT THE TRUTH.ADD APPROX 5 DEGREE TO THE TEMP TO GET THE CURRENT CPU TEMP....AND ADD APPROX 15 DEGREE TO GET THE DIODE TEMP WHICH UR MOBO IS SHOWING.

IN SHORT YOU CANT WORK NORMALY IF UR CPU IS WORKING AT 65 DEGREE.
IF ITS WORKING FINE THEN UR BOARD IS SHOWING THE WRONG TEMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom