1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

OVER HEATING PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by sohin, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohin

sohin New Member

I recently got overheating error when i started my PC and once it even got shut down automatically , my configuration is P 4 2.0 GHZ , Original intel motherboard , 256 DDR RAM

I would also like to know why these problems occur

Thank you

2. richard nightly

richard nightly New Member

If this is an old setup than first look at the CPU's Heat Sink and fan and see if there is excessive dust - carefully clean this out with a brush and a blower and then see if it stops the problem. Try remove as much dust/dirt from the Heat Sinks fins as possible.

Do not let the CPU Fan or any other fan spin wildly if you use a vacumm cleaner near the fans - they may get damaged.

3. theraven

theraven Active Member

after this check ur thermal compound between the proccy and heatsink ..
    if this has hardened or become brown
    carefully clean it and apply a nice new layer and remount ur heatsink
    and before u post search ... if u want more answers ull find a lot of threads dealin with heating problems .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.