outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
hi friends,

after configuring outlook express,i am able to receive mails.but i am not able to sent any mail.is it due to any settings in the outlook express.

please advise and help

ahref

In the zone
What error message you are getting, please check your smtp server are correct or not.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
as shailesh and ahref said, give details of your mail account (which provider) and also the setting of outlook express. I guess that would help in solving your problem.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Most SMTP service providers will ask for authorisation. So going to Tools > Accounts > Properties > Servers and enabling "My Server Requires Authenticate" may help. Additionally, check the SMTP server with your service provider.

As others have already said, giving info about your service provider may help.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
i use both satyam and sancharnet (not broadband).

the error while trying to send mail was as follows

port;25secure (SSC):No.servor error 553.error no.oX800ccc79

ahref

In the zone
If you are doing secure password authentication then uncheck it. Also check whether your SMTP server are correct or not. Also some server require that you pop before sending the mail.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
hi friends,

i had tried all your suggestions.now i am not even able to receive mail through outlook.

my pop configuration is as follows.

imap.satyam.net.in
smtp.satyam.net.in

tuxfan

Technomancer
Are you using IMAP or POP? There is some difference between the two!

If you are not able to recevied mails thru outlook, then revert back to the earlier settings!

Secondly, some ISPs put restriction on using their SMTP servers. So if you connect thru Satyam, then you may not be able to use SMTP of sancharnet and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom