Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
I recently had a lot of w32.Xorala and w.32.Parite viruese on my win98 installation. I cleaned all files using Mcafee and NOD32 anti virus. But after that, outlook express is taking 5 minutes (no kidding) to launch.

I removed the Outlook Express folder and re-installed IE 6, but still issue is there.

What can b done to this?

Charley

Just Do It
U shud check for any malware, spyware if present in the comp.. That cud lead to slowing down ur PC.

Use Spybot, Adware, Webroot, Spyware Doctor for it. Also a hijack wud be recommended

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
I didn't find any kinda malware or spyware $h!t on my pc. Still outlook express is giving me pain...

Not so much pain actually, i use windows seldome.... :lol:

Charley

Just Do It
Well then go for a complete overhaul ... Reinstall the OS again after formatting. Backup ur data bfore u do it

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
achacko@dataone.in said:
Well then go for a complete overhaul ... Reinstall the OS again after formatting. Backup ur data bfore u do it

hehehe... well I can do that, but I don't wish to format and then install all this sh!t again. It costs so much time for this, which is hard to afford.

BTW, thx 4 advise... :D

Charley

Just Do It
Hmm, Wait. Do u have lots of softwares stacked in the taskbar or in the Startup like Av's, firewalls? This will definitely slow down the speeds.

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
achacko@dataone.in said:
Hmm, Wait. Do u have lots of softwares stacked in the taskbar or in the Startup like Av's, firewalls? This will definitely slow down the speeds.

Nope, i don't allow any s/w to sit in my taskbar w/o my permission. :D

I think, i'll just use linux all time instead of all this cr@p, since If i format c: i will have to re-install grub and all that stuff.

Anyway, thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom