Outlook Express (WinXP SP1) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

contact_lalit

Broken In
I have a system running Win XP with Service Pack1. Outlook Express is taking a long time to load. Also if I activate ZoneAlarm 5.0.590.015 then I am unable to download mail using Ourlook Express. I have to deactivate/unload ZoneAlarm to get mail. What can I do? Any suggestions?

ice

In the zone
U can get rid of zone alarm, dload sygate personal firewall. :p

Im not sure, but somehow most people using zonealarm seem to have some problem or the other..

Btw maybe, u need to configure ZA to allow OE access...

tuxfan

Technomancer
I am using ZoneAlaram in my two machines and both has OE. No problems at all!! Check out the settings in ZA. Don't give a blanket permission to outlook to access internet. Let it ask for your permission every time. That is what I do. I am somewhat paranoid about M$ products :roll: Slowly learning Linux. One day will make a final switch :D

OP
C

contact_lalit

Broken In
I have disable as well as uninstalled Messanger. Every time I use OE I shutdown ZoneAlarm and then only run OE. It really is a problem for me. BTW, why is OE taking such a long time to load (more than 120 seconds).

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Yeah .. Thats the problem ..Re enable Messenger service and use this thing to disable it ..It wont cauz OE to take time then ...

*www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/MessengerDisable.zip

Download it and run it ..First reinstall Messenger ..

OP
C

contact_lalit

Broken In
U will try it tomorrow. BTW, what is your opinion about ZoneAlarm? I have always used and liked ZoneAlarm. In the new version 5 I have deactivated the Anti-Virus feature. Should I continue to use it? What other firewall (Freeware) is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom