Outlook Express not Working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
I was using my MSN hotmail account with Outlook Express very fine, but after I formatted my hdd and installed XP again. Now Outlook Express refuses to download my MSN hotmail account folders and is also not allowing me to send or receive mails.

Kindly please help!:evil:

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
do u ve premium account on hotmail????
coz only premium user has pop3 forwarding facility in hotmail....

In outlook 2007 dere is a plugin for hotmail...which can retrieve hotmail mails in outlook but not able to send via outlook :(

search for hotmail plugin

din

Tribal Boy
@almighty and Tech&ME

If you want to download / send email from hotmail using email client - without using any plugins etc - download Windows Live Mail from MS site. Basically it is outlook express itself, but it allos download / sending of email in hotmail account without premium account.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
ax3 said:
@Tech&ME ....... just mail customer care or click feedback & u will get the right ans ......

i did & i got 1 ......... & trust me reply is FAST .......

I downloaded Outlook Connector from Microsoft website, and I was now able to downloaded MSN hotmail account mails but I have two new problems now.

1. I cannot send any messages.

2. After I restarted my computer, Office Outlook 2007 refuses to start. Please help me.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I dont think Pop3 ans SMTP is available for free hotmail accounts. You were lucky since you were using earlier.

Earlier it was available with free accounts also.But they have restricted now.I think you must have configured your outlook when it was available for free.Once you did format, and want to recreate new, you can't do that.

If you want to use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account, you must have an MSN subscription. For more information,
*join.msn.com/hotmailplus/overview

Last edited:

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
Tech&ME said:
1. I cannot send any messages.

That what i said u earlier . hotmail don allow free hotmail user pop3 option...

dere is plugin for office 2007 but its in beta stage now and has lots of bugs:razz:

I already told u that u can retrive the mails from hotmail but wont be able to send

@din

If you want to download / send email from hotmail using email client - without using any plugins etc - download Windows Live Mail from MS site. Basically it is outlook express itself, but it allos download / sending of email in hotmail account without premium account.

din here thread is for in outlook how to config for hotmail...
not which proggy to use for that...
we know WLM has this option

And ravi_9793 is aboslutely ryte :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom