Outlook Express not working in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsb

Broken In
Not able to use outlook express on widows XP. it says

'MSOE.DLL' could not be initialised. Outlook Expressed may not be installed correctly.

When tried to reinstall IE6/Outlook express, it doesn't proceed saying an advance version already installed. Not able to uninstall IE6 or Outlook Express. 'Add-remove software' utility in control panel allows to add/remove shortcuts only.

Please advise.

BSB

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
i guess u deleted some imp registry key. Thro softs like regclean or tweakxp. Neways c the exact version of Outlook Express or install MS office ne version. It will have outlook express n will install it 4 sure.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Or rather, try and repair the IE installation. Go to Add/Remove, select IE and click on Remove/Uninstall. It will then give you an option to repair.

Don't ever try to uninstall IE. It has earlier messed up my system to such an extent that I had to ultimately install the OS :roll:

hunterz

Right off the assembly line
Dont wory,try the winguide software coming with digit mindware between may04-sep04,and u will definately find ur solutuion.and
remember this winxp has outlook 5, so my advise to u is please
install MS Office 03.and watch ,if ur problem solve or not!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
To reinstall IE, do this. [Start]>[Run]>'regedit'. Now go to th key
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/ActiveSetup/InstalledComponents/{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
In th right pane, dbl click th 'IsInstalled'. In th dialog that opens, set th dword value as 1. Reboot. Now try reinstalling.
WARNING: Backup ur registry b4 attempting this!!

[digitt]

Broken In
to repair ie go to c:->windows->inf
right click on ie.inf and choose install...if u hav sp1 installed it will ask for the cd....
in case u hav sp1 installed uninstall it and it will restore the previous settings...

OP
B

bsb

Broken In
Thanks to all who replied.

The problem is now solved by following the suggestion given by kl@w-24 with only modification that 'dword value' needs to be set 0 not 1 and Outlook Express also needed to be reinstalled in the same way.

Thanks once again to all of you.

bsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom