Outlook Express IMAP Delete Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dev04

I have a email ID which uses IMAP server to receive mail by Outlook Express. Previously i had Outlook Express 5/5.5, in that after reading the message when i mark the message to be deleted a red cross out line appears on the message. After closing Outlook Express, when i use the Outlook Express offline again the message which were marked for deleted used to be marked with red line.

But recently i installed Outlook Express 6 along with internet Explorer 6, after that i installed internet Explorer 6 service pack. When i mark the message to be deleted it is marked. But after exiting Outlook Express, when i opening Outlook Express to work offline the message which were marked for deleting reappears as unread message. So every time i open Outlook Express to work offline or compose message, the messages are displayed as unread. So it is very irritating to mark the message for deleting just before connecting to Dial up and then open Outlook Express after connecting. Why is this happen and how can the messages which were marked for deletion remains marked as deleted even when working offline.

Deep

Version 2.0
strange problem..

because generally msg gets raed when u delete it i.e. mark for deletion..

i tried it on my machine just now..
it works fine..

it shows the msg as read..

btw i hope you are not deleting the msg in offline mode..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom