Out Look- Virus- Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
I am new to Microsoft outlook. I have this small doubt. If I use this said program I think it is possible, whenever I connect to the internet, for the spam mails to get into my computer. In case, if there were virus or something malicious, is it possible to affect my computer even if I don't open it? How can I prevent it? When I use web based mail account I just delete the bulk mails/ junk mails. Most of the time, they would be in the Junk Mail folder. I just delete for ever without opening. Here even though I don’t open them they are in the computer, Right? Please clarify my doubt.

cooldev007

Broken In
Boy (I am Assuming) at first you did not specify which email u r using. Plz specify that then only I will able to answer u. Feel free to contact me at cooldev007@gmail.com
As for spam, if u marked any unknown email as spam (But do not delete it) then it will go to Junk Mail Folder of ur email server. It will never come into ur outlook inbox.
Remember one thing, I can tell U Specifically if u inform me abt ur email service provider.
Good Bye
:lol:

OP
A

Aanand

Journeyman
I use Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail. My doubt is that though they are in the Junk mail folder, they are in your computer anyway.

cooldev007

Broken In
I am Assuming that u have outlook 2003 email client installed in ur computer. Hotmail does not have forwarding feature ( As far as I know)

For Gmail and Yahoo, u will get forwarding feature. It works well for Yahoo bcoz u are not getting any ads. But one thing u remember that If u use Yahoo for Outlook, then the emails u r recieving is not stored in their server. That is a negative point.

On the other hand for Gmail, the emails u recieved in Gmail Inbox is stored in their server by default which is a very useful thing. :roll:

But one thing u remember my friend that do not mix up Internet life with ur personal life. Use at least 2 Email ID's. One for putting on website and other for giving ur ID to Ur friends and relatives. The later u can use safely with MS Outlook. No fear of Spam. This is bcoz I have atleast 8 Email addreses and I recieve spam on only one mail - the one which I putted on the website.

If u mark any unsolicited msgs as spam be sure to select the mail and Hit the Spam Button. (Do Not Delete them. It will automatically moved to trash folder) All of ur 3 Emails have bulk Folder in their server. Yahoo and Hotmail does not count bulk emails towards their Inbox Storage Quota. About The Bulk Folder Of Gmail I do not know, bcoz I did not recieved a single piece of Spam. :twisted:

If u r not getting any spam, u will not get any Virus. U can use Avast Antivirus (www.avast.com) to get a free copy of antivirus which actively detects all ur incoming emails b4 they spread on ur computer.

CHEERS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom