osssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbuddy

MeSmEriZeR
os used by the mobiles????????

hi can anyone tel me d os used by nokia,sony eric,motorola......

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Nokia mostly uses Symbian while Sony and Motorola mostly run on Java.

However, Motorola's new phones also run Linux.

IMO Linux and Symbian are better to develop apps in than using J2ME. Though that does give very good portability.

Certain devices also run Windows Mobile.. Check GSMArena for phone stats to figure out the OS and its version for a selected mobile.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Run on java? You mean proprietory firmwares from the vendors, right?
And what does this thread have to do with programming? Why was Mobile Monsters created?

aadipa

Padawan
Most of the handset manufactures have their own proprietary OS. They allows application developers to develop applications using Java ME or BREW.

In case of smartphones, it uses Symbian OS, Windows Mobile or Linux. All of these supports OS level programming (native programs), and they may also support BREW or Java Runtime.

In Symbian, Series 60 interface is most popular, mostly used by Nokia, but there are others like SE, Siemens, Samsung which also have Symbian handsets.

NOTE: Series 40, Series 60, Series 80, Series 90 are user interface and not OS. Nokia Series 40 interface runs on nokia's proprietary OS, while others run on Symbian. In case of Sony-Ericsson, the Pxxx series of handsets run on Symbian OS with UIQ interface.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Stop your lame threads like your other ones.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84690

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom