OS woes Plz HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
I have recently upgraded my pc abt 2 days ago. Now I have three problems:

1) The temp of the processor reaches 50 C (when the cpu usage is 0 - 3%) and upto 58 C when working. Both processor and motherboard is based on quiet and cool technology and I have checked that they r enabled

2) XP automatically closes some screens of autorun cd's and some software setups as soon as they appear on screen.

3) While working, the OS sometimes automaticaly runs some programs which take up 99 - 100% cpu usage.
a) XP runs wmon32.exe
b) Windows 2000 runs zoo.exe, the file is located in a folder of a software which came with the graphics card.

The following is the configuration of my PC:

Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
MSI Nvidia FX GeForce 5200 128 MB
80 GB SATA HDD Seagate
40 GB IDE Samsung
20 GB IDE Samsung
400 W SMPS
Dual Booting of XP and Win 2000

Can Ne one plz help

swatkat

Technomancer
Sankalp said:
I have recently upgraded my pc abt 2 days ago. Now I have three problems:

1) The temp of the processor reaches 50 C (when the cpu usage is 0 - 3%) and upto 58 C when working. Both processor and motherboard is based on quiet and cool technology and I have checked that they r enabled

2) XP automatically closes some screens of autorun cd's and some software setups as soon as they appear on screen.

3) While working, the OS sometimes automaticaly runs some programs which take up 99 - 100% cpu usage.
a) XP runs wmon32.exe
b) Windows 2000 runs zoo.exe, the file is located in a folder of a software which came with the graphics card.

wmon32.ese is a worm,read this Symantec Security Response for removal.
Also u run a Virus/Spyware scan using the tools given in my signature below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom