OS Uninstalling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

In the zone
Hey I described my problem before also, but didn’t got the solution

I am having Windows Xp in D drive , Windows 98 in C Drive and SUSE Linux has automatically made its partition somewhere on my hard disk, when I installed it.

Now Firstly I installed Win 98, then Win Xp and lastly SUSE Linux.

1) When I start my PC, firstly I get the option of Operating system Menu for Linux and Windows, on clicking Windows I get the option of XP and 98.

Can get them both with that of Linux option? How? Plz describe the Procedure.

2) How to uninstall Windows 98 if one does not have its option in the Add and remove program lists in Win Xp?

3) How to Uninstall Win Xp from Win 98?

4) How to uninstall SUSE Linux from Xp or Win 98?
Note: Once I got reply that SUSE Linux can be uninstalled by inserting its CD. Rebooting the computer and modifying the boot priorities for CD drive to boot first and then again restarting, the CD will run and an option to uninstall SUSE Linux will come.
I tried the same but due to that multi operating system Menu for Linux, I am not able to run the CD and directly the menu comes. So what should I do?

Please help……I’ll be very thankful.

You can reply here or can send me mail at:
toishanfromsomeonespecial@yahoo.com

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
everything u asked is impossible...and explain this

Can get them both with that of Linux option? How? Plz describe the Procedure.

popper1987

Broken In
he i got the solutions for your problems

1. the OS menu ->the default boot loader in linux is grub(the best) now when
it is loaded i contains refernces to your partition table (where is the linux ext3 partition and where is the windows partition) .so the menu you have is the only menu you can get
2. uninstall win98 keeping winxp ->open win Xp .Go to Start ->Run and type c:\boot.ini
it will be like
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
make it like this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and delete the windows folder containg win98 and its programing files

doing this will direct you from Grub->winXp

Tell me if you like it i will tell the 3rd question afterwards

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
For Poppers Hey Thank u very much .But as popper suggested .it will just dele the windows folder and by putting it to 1 second the difference will be just i'll not have time to choose th 98 option and the default will be Xp.......I understood what u wanted to tell......But isn't there any setup option for that...............I'll be waiting for ur other replies.

For Virus

I meant that can i have all the three oS lists to gather at the same time?[/u]

popper1987

Broken In
ok now listen carefully go to dos prompt(during the startup) and type smartdrv
when it is loaded type uninstall.exe and win98 will be uninstalled

i will give you others replies tommorow (sorry for inconvenience-short of time)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
2) How to uninstall Windows 98 if one does not have its option in the Add and remove program lists in Win Xp?
Remove its entry from Boot.ini file as popper1987 suggested and delete "Program Files", "Windows", My Documents" folders from C:\ Drive - Its the right way to uninstall win 98.

3) How to Uninstall Win Xp from Win 98?
First make windows 98 entry as default in Boot.ibi file then restart ur system and boot using win 98 Setup CD and type command "sys c:", then reboot. Now u can safely delete "Program Files", "Windows", "Documents and Settings" folders from ur D:\ drive.

4) How to uninstall SUSE Linux from Xp or Win 98?
Boot using windows 98 Setup CD and type command "fdisk /mbr" and reboot ur system, the linux boot loader will be gone, now u can safely delete linux partitions windows xp.

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Thanks..

Hey This gave me very good results...... I am very thankfull to all of you....But If u know more plz send ......

So it means I can't run CD during start up if Linux is installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom