Ordering Dell Laptop online... trustworthy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
hi friends... I have recently recommended one of my friend a Dell laptop configuration online and have placed a request for the same on the net. But he had apprehensions about ordering a laptop online, so far I never heard from anyone getting cheated on this regard but i thougt might as well make it very clear by posting it in the forum.

1. Is it worthwhile to order Dell laptop by placing a request online after configuring the best possible "configured laptop" for oneself ?

2. How is the payment made finally... coz so far for placing the order the only thing which was asked was the phone no and the email id ?

3. Are there any hidden charges somewhere which will come as surprise later?

4. What if i get a defected piece on delivery or find some problem within the specified warranty period... I mean whom do i contact and how?

5. How much is the delivery time ?

6. Any other problem which someone else has already faced or known to have faced ?

I am also posting the configuration which i have selected.... better suggestions are welcome

xbonez

NP : Crysis
1. yes
2. either by DD, cheque or Credit Card .. i paid by credit card by giving details on the phone
3. there is the price of your system + tax. thats it
4. Dell Customer Care . you will get a full refund. even if it is not defective but you are not satisfied, you will get a refund within 30 days of purchase
5. 4-10 days depending on location. in delhi, i received in 4 days
6. none

better suggestions can only be given if we know your purpose and budget. there is ALWAYS a better config unless there are budget constraints

din

Tribal Boy
My friend bought his laptop 3-4 months back. No problems, everything was smooth. I think this is quite reliable.

One thing you should ALWAYS try to do while getting yourself a brand new Dell is to try to get it via EPP for a good discount. You get insane configs for throw away prices from what I have seen. :eek:

gopz

In the zone
One thing you should ALWAYS try to do while getting yourself a brand new Dell is to try to get it via EPP for a good discount. You get insane configs for throw away prices from what I have seen. :eek:

Yeah look at my thread :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91686

what is epp?
employee purchase program

dell employees have the privilage of availing themselves huge discounts with parts often at cost price when they decide to get a dell. So if you have a friend/relative who works in dell, you can rest assured that you will get a VERY good deal. Search around this forum and you will see what I mean. ;)

employee purchase program

dell employees have the privilage of availing themselves huge discounts with parts often at cost price when they decide to get a dell. So if you have a friend/relative who works in dell, you can rest assured that you will get a VERY good deal. Search around this forum and you will see what I mean. ;)

ok ok I got it, I knew it for long, only abbreviation:confused::D, yes I yhink couple of months back a friend of my younger brother got his desktop in this channel and nearly 12k was the discount and he very happy with it:)

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
thanks for u r suggestions.... but this epp thing ... i will suggest him if he knows someone in dell, it might help him.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
1. Is it worthwhile to order Dell laptop by placing a request online after configuring the best possible "configured laptop" for oneself ?
Yes.

2. How is the payment made finally... coz so far for placing the order the only thing which was asked was the phone no and the email id ?
You can mail them a DD.

3. Are there any hidden charges somewhere which will come as surprise later?
No.
4. What if i get a defected piece on delivery or find some problem within the specified warranty period... I mean whom do i contact and how?
A guy will come and unpack the stuff. He will then ask you to check if everything is ok. If not, you can immediately ask for replacement. If anything happens during the warranty period call their support.

5. How much is the delivery time ?
I ordered last oct. It took about 20-25 days. I forgot the exact no.

6. Any other problem which someone else has already faced or known to have faced ?
No problems so far. A lot of other guys have also ordered dell lappies in my hostel. I am not aware of any problem they have had either. Among all the brands I have seen people with Dell and Hp having the least amount of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom