Oracle Versions and Supported OSs etc., about Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravan_mdo

Right off the assembly line
I want to know Which Oracle Version support which Operating System. And I have Oracle 8i and I have installed in Windows 2000 Server. My OS is in C Drive and I have installed Oracle in D Drive. My application, which is in C:\program files, runs in support with Oracle (saves all the data in Oracle). But one day due to some OS problem, my OS is not starting. I don't done the backup (exporting from Oracle to .dmp format). To start my OS, blindly, I format the C drive and installed a new Windows 2000 Server OS. And also installed a new Oracle 8i and my application. But there is no data in my application. Now I have installed Oracle in E Drive. But my D Drive is unchanged and have Oracle folder in that.
Now, the request to you is: how to get my whole application data from the unchanged D Drive to Newly installed Oracle. Please help me. I am in need of that data urgently. Thanks. And also give your views in this issue.

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmmm....Oracle 8i as far as I remember runs on 98 and 9i is for 2000 asnd higher.
To back up the oracle data u need to dump its database. U can find help of that from oracle site. U can find all the databackup techniques there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom