Oracle and VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I am using VB and oracle for one of my project. My software will be running on a network. The problem is that I am not able to conncet to the oracle database from the client PC (My project is a ActiveX Document EXE and uses adodc and works on IE). Tell me how can I fix it. I am using Oracle 8i and In the ADODC configuration if I donot specify the server name for oracle then it works well on the PC where oracle database is installed and it doesn't works if I specify the sepver name. The client PCs have not got oracle. Please help me out.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
i think if u connect using coding i.e. using adodb.connection it will help because this is what i had done in the same situation....(connecting to oracle from server)

apart from providing the provider, username and password u will also have to provide the datasource to connect from server.

what i provided in my case:-
provider=MSDAORA
datasource=oracle
user id=scott
password=tiger

for personel information: r u an IP student(CBSE)

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
sorry!!!!
what i thought was that in the network the oracle is installed..........and the clients access the database from the server......sorry once again:(

should i delete the above reply????

so...... cooldip is warned and i thought i was warned:-|.........was very tensed last night:cry:........... anyways my reply was not to the topic nd i'm really sorry 4 that.....:oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom