ORACLE 10g installation ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool2c43

Broken In
i cannot install oracle 10g in my system , since i have AMD64-2600 , 256MB RAM , 40gb HARD Disk

while installing it is giving a message that it requires 256mb of physical memory , which is not sufficient in your system !!!!

but i have 256mb ram now what should i do ????

how much free harddisk space is needed? ?? ? ?

Fighter

Broken In
yes, Oracle 10g requires minimum of 256MB of memory tor run. You should keep in mind that though you have 256MB of RAM in your system, yet its being shared by many applications in your system, the major being your graphics accelerator and certain critical system processes. So the Oracle runtime is not getting its required share of memory.

Oracle 10g requires 512MB of RAM, 800MB of HardDisk space, can exceed upto 1GB. One thing you try by upgrading your memory to atleast 512MB. And moreover if you want a complete guide over installation of Oracle 10g you can head to

*www.cs.utexas.edu/~dsb/CS347/oracle_10g_installation.htm

Hope this would solve your problem my friend.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Windows 32-bit
*download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/B10130_01/reqs.htm#i1011417

Windows 64-bit
*download-uk.oracle.com/docs/html/B13805_01/reqs.htm#i1011417

All platforms documentation
*www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/database10g.html

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
I have also the same system configuration but I haven't got problem I installed it successfully.
But later when i want to use it. It doesn't accept SCOTT, TIGER as User ID and Password. I think there may be some different User ID and Password . If any one know plz tell me .

mahendraraut

Broken In
i have installed oracle 10G on my system(on 256 mb ram),
my shared vidio memory is 8MB only, so may its become possible.
i have tried same on other pc which having 256 mb ram but 32MB shared vidio memory, there it displays same error message which u got.
i dont think it will work but try to increase ur virtual memory or at startup go in BIOS settings and reduce shared vidio memory size.

Good Luck.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
I have also the same system configuration but I haven't got problem I installed it successfully.
But later when i want to use it. It doesn't accept SCOTT, TIGER as User ID and Password. I think there may be some different User ID and Password . If any one know plz tell me .

by default it is dissabled log in as sysdba
and write this command
alter user scott account unlock

thats it.

while installing it is giving a message that it requires 256mb of physical memory , which is not sufficient in your system !!!!

but i have 256mb ram now what should i do ????

how much free harddisk space is needed? ?? ? ?

just ignore that error and continue. you need about 1.2+ gb for oracle 10g rel2

i have pIII 1ghz and 256 mb of ram and proudly using ora10g rel2

Last edited:

techram

Broken In
As stated my many people's. reduce your shared graphics or VGA memory to 8 MB in the bios. so that, with 248 MB RAM you can done your oracle 10 G installation. If again the proble persists. increase your virtual memory size more than defaully windows has taken.

The happiest moment in our life is to help each other.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom