optimizing firefox download manager??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raasm287

Journeyman
hi guys,
is there any method of optimizing the download manager of firefox coz there are several sites which do not allow the use of download managers.

expertno.1

Technomancer
tell me which sites do not allow use of download managers ?

firefox's download manger is itself sufficient and thers no need for optimization

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@expertno.1 there r site, mainly web hosting sites which doesnt allow u to use a Download manager like this one...

*img142.imageshack.us/img142/7470/011xi.th.jpg

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I noticed that my Firefox browser's download manager doesnt allow Resume function.
Even it shows the button to Pause/Resume downloads, but after clicking on Pause button when i again click on Resume button, it doesnt resume it and hangs (not firefox hangs but download doesnt start, so I hv to cancel it).
Does ne1 else face same problem?
I always faced it in all versions of firefox.
Now I'm using the latest 1.0.6 version.

OP
R

raasm287

Journeyman
@expertno.1 there are sites like rapidshare (though I have a premium account )which do not allow the use of download managers, though free download manager can run perfectly well on rapidshare (my find).
moroever if I want to download an attachment from gmail , then I hv to depend on firefox.

@vishal I too have firefox 1.06 and it never resumes any download which is why I am asking for some "tips and tweaks"

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Thats what I mentioned guys!
Firefox Download Manager doesnt support Resume function.
Don't know why they provide Resume button, though it doesnt work properly...

But if we click on Pause button and within few seconds again click on Resume button, it support resuming, but don't resume if we do it after long time...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Vishal Gupta

it also happens with me... but rather close i just keep it open... funny thing though after 10 or 15 mins i can see download has resumed...

lol.. but with a 512Kbps connection who wants that deley??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well...resume works for some sites for me and doesn't for some other! dunno wot is the problem. of corz the links are not dynamic. but even wid static links to files the resume doesn't work all the time. using firefox 1.0.6.

and i am unable to understand why i'm not able to install the latest version of flashgot! i tried from every site. other extensions install just fine but not firefox. anyone faced this problem??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Resume suport doesnt work allright, if u have a mointor of internet of in/out like zone , then u can see that no out bytes go out after u click the resume button buddies, so naturally, no contact and no resume...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I m tellin that tis broken programmin, and many people have exped that tooo...
I m explainin y it looks like it doesnt work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom