Opinion About AMD & Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey dudes,
can u share with me and all members what u feel about AMD and INTEL.Which do u think is better?Don't u think intel offers only MHZ?What about budget computing and high computing?

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Well there is much more to AMD vs Intel debate than processing power. Upgradability also comes into picture while buying a computer, thanks to the drastic decrease between launch of consecutive processors. If you are using AMD processor then its highly likely that your mobo will support the latest processor launched by AMD. While thats not the case with Intel. Moreover Intel always charges a premium based on their "MegaHertz myth".

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I totally agree with the above post.Intel is chasing only Ghz.Yes if u have a mobo with a scoket 939 u have a variety of processors to chose from from 3200+ to ATHLON FX range

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I totally agree with the above post.Intel is chasing only Ghz.Yes if u have a mobo with a scoket 939 u have a variety of processors to chose from from 3200+ to ATHLON FX range

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Intel has gone down since Vinod Dam has left and joined AMD.The Prescott core processors are dog of a processors

Kniwor

Learner
lol... funny comments.....

@zombie
WILL YOU STOP POSTING IN THAT COLOR ALL AROUND THE FORUM.... BECAUSE THAT'S VERY IRRITATING TO READ

@AMD right now has a upper hand obviously....
but who knows what conroe brings...

anyhow for now I'll sat AMD is clear choice.... more valur for money.....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Right now AMD is far better, but the new Conroe chip from Intel has shown a lot of promise and seems better than the AM2 platform AMD is going to introduce soon.

jay4u

In the zone
i will say if you are about to invest in a high end pc, then please wait for 2-3 months as by then

1. A clear winner will be seen for next couple of years...either intel or amd

2. ddrII would become standard

3. SATA II with NCQ will become common and also RAID 0 in mobos

4. Graphics with SLI will also be common......

But hey this can be a circular process and the wait could go on and on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom