Operator Logo Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a nokia 7610, when i try to change any other operator logo thru fexplorer, then after restarting no change is visible the same damn ugly network text is still there... I am using airtel in meerut... Any ideas??
Thanx.

The custom operator logo is saved as a 96x25 bitmap image (.bmp) in your C:\System\Apps\Phone\OpLogo directory.

The file name may not be the same for all fones<not sure bout this> but atleast my 3230 saves it as 404_20_0.bmp

So you can navigate to that path n check if the file exists or not. Or you can even make ur own oplogo <i.e without the FExplorer> in some image editor with the above dimensions and save it with that file name in the above mentioned directory..

This should help...!!!:)

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
The custom operator logo is saved as a 96x25 bitmap image (.bmp) in your C:\System\Apps\Phone\OpLogo directory.

The file name may not be the same for all fones<not sure bout this> but atleast my 3230 saves it as 404_20_0.bmp

So you can navigate to that path n check if the file exists or not. Or you can even make ur own oplogo <i.e without the FExplorer> in some image editor with the above dimensions and save it with that file name in the above mentioned directory..

This should help...!!!
I have already done that all things, but after restarting stil that IND AirTel is showing instead of my logo.... Can Airtel do something so that only their logo is shown...??

hmmm..

well i dnt think Airtel can do smthing to change ur logo.. but just to check try some other sim card...

or go for wot mAV3 says..try using seleq...or sm other app.

but did u check if that file and that directory exists or not in the phone memory???

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
hmmm..

well i dnt think Airtel can do smthing to change ur logo.. but just to check try some other sim card...

or go for wot mAV3 says..try using seleq...or sm other app.

but did u check if that file and that directory exists or not in the phone memory???
Yeah that file/dir exists and have tried every single thing possible. Will try seleq now and then post results.....

Last edited:
OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it possible that the airtel is sending some overriding signals so that we cant change the operator logo??

K

krazyfrog

Although its quiet unlikely but still are you roaming or out of your home network? Operator logos only work for home network and not for roaming networks.
If you're in home network, then try installing another sim card of another network operator and then try to set the operator logo for that network. Delete the old logo and install a new one for this operator/sim card. Try using FExplorer or OpMan for creating logo from existing images in gallery.

i think wot krazyfrog said is right, oplogos work only for the home network...

is it something like airtel doesnt have coverage there so uses some other network...coz i hv seen IND Airtel only when on roaming..

Did u try using another sim card?? Do others in ur circle also have the same problem??

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Although its quiet unlikely but still are you roaming or out of your home network? Operator logos only work for home network and not for roaming networks.
If you're in home network, then try installing another sim card of another network operator and then try to set the operator logo for that network. Delete the old logo and install a new one for this operator/sim card. Try using FExplorer or OpMan for creating logo from existing images in gallery.

i think wot krazyfrog said is right, oplogos work only for the home network...

is it something like airtel doesnt have coverage there so uses some other network...coz i hv seen IND Airtel only when on roaming..

Did u try using another sim card?? Do others in ur circle also have the same problem??

But im not on roaming and the IND AirTel is still coming up. Though when i have not activated airtel live only AirTel used to come and i was able to change logos, now since when i have activated airtel live IND AirTel popped up and icant change logos.
I tried with an Idea sim, with gprs activated and was able to change the logo perfectly.
I think airtel is sending overriding signals so that we cant change our logos. Though i have met some people with airtel gprs/airtel live activated and they were able to change logos :( but on their phones only airtel was shown, not IND AirTel.
Its very wierd... :( :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom