Opera TP 2 and Introducing Opera Labs..(weekly builds..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
The second preview of Opera 9.0 ("Merlin") is now available for download.

For more information onwhat's new in this release , please visit theOpera Labs .

For the download link and a more detailed changelog, visit these pages:
- Windows
- Unix
- Mac

We welcome your feedback, and encourage you to discuss the preview here in the forums or in the newsgroups (Mac and Linux/Unix uses can post issues specific to their platform in the Mac and various Unix forums and newsgroups respectively).
For More:Opera Forum
pls goto page-2

agnels

Live The Dream!
Looks really cool... I hope it can display sites as IE does... otherwise it's of no use

C

cybermanas

Yup,Indyan if a page is coded in valid xhtml it will show up correctly in Opera.

eddie

El mooooo
Wow!!! This thing Opera is looking like a killer thing. I used it somewhere around 7.5 or something. Didn't like it much and moved on to Konqueror but this thing is looking great. Does it have all these features in its Linux version as well? It looks like a Firefox killer to me.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
yes..eveything abt opera 9 shd hav been posted here...sorry for the mishap...didnt notice earlier :?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Haven't used opera for quite some time now. Reading this post I can hear opera calling me back. Can't wait anymore to try it out. Opera simply rocks for me.

eddie

El mooooo
I downloaded Opera 9 Preview 2 today and it is missing a major feature. No adblock??? I searched around and found various workarounds but nothing concrete and simple. How can I block ads without manually editing any files.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
eddie said:
I downloaded Opera 9 Preview 2 today and it is missing a major feature. No adblock??? I searched around and found various workarounds but nothing concrete and simple. How can I block ads without manually editing any files.
well as it already contains content blocking..ad blocking we can expect i think

serendipiti

Journeyman
well eddie Opera 9 does have content blocker of some sort...though not as gr8 as adblock still something is better tan nothing.Also u can use Admuncher..an excellent adblocking tool (and bandwidth saver!)for all browsers!

eddie

El mooooo
Admuncher doesn't work on Linux my friend :(
I can use something like Privoxy but apps like these are very aggressive in their work and it hampers my normal working. Anyways, I'll be waiting for adblock and then check Opera again. Till then Konqueror rules for me :)

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
serendipiti said:
well eddie Opera 9 does have content blocker of some sort...though not as gr8 as adblock still something is better tan nothing.Also u can use Admuncher..an excellent adblocking tool (and bandwidth saver!)for all browsers!
there is an adblocker software for opera. So there will be ad blocker software for opera 9 too .dont worry

eddie

El mooooo
Is it available for Linux? If it is then please tell me where to find it. I don't mind using the older one either.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Opera 9 is a lot better than what I thought considering its still in beta. I will use more of it. Hopefully missing features like adblock and improved voice commands are included again. Or is voice commands still there? I can't seem to find it?
ANd yeah widgets and bittorrent seem a good inclusion :D .

eddie

El mooooo
Indyan said:
Adblocks counterpart Operaadblocker is there if you dont want to use another software.I have pointed it out prolly dozen times in digit.
*www.operaadfilter.com/
If you read my other posts you would have known that I am using Linux and this thing works only on Windows but I will be interested in these "list of keywords" you are talking about and how to use them.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Weekly Builds...

From Opera Forums..
Introducing weekly builds
We are now starting to offer Weekly builds for the hard core testers.
Available here:

*my.opera.com/desktopteam/

Please read the release note before installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom