opera settings, how to change these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

1) whenever i download a file, say .exe or .rar etc.. the transfer window becomes active as soon as i click to save the file. i want the window i currently am browsing in to be active and the transfer window to be always in background unless i click on that tab. how to change that? i hav done it before but dont remember, i use version 8.5

2) in tools -> preferences, for extensions like torrents, it asks for "how to save the file"... i hav given save the file to disk and also save in desktop. but inspite of that, i get the open/save dialog box... y doesnt it remember the settings? it irritates whenever i download a torrent or exe file or rar, everytime that dialog box comes to irritate me... how do i change it, coz i never use open, always save to desktop. how do u do it? pls help me with these 2. thk u

/legolas

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. Open the transfer window. In the toolbar on top, there is a button called view, which drops down option to put the transfer window in background or to not even open it.
2. Just checking, but have you checked the option of "Do not ask for folder but save directly to"? If you have, I dont know what the problem is...

Arun

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
thks for the first tip. and reg. the second, i jus discovered a fact.

if i click on the torrent whose path is direct(hope u get what i mean, when i pause my mouse onto that torrent link itself, it shows the link of the file as *.torrent... )... it downloads without asking for the dialog box. but, incase the link is hidden which redirects somewhere to get the torrent, (the link suppose is "...............download.asp?id=132409", then it asks for dialog box...

can we resolve this so that i deosnt ask for the dialog box whatsoever may be the link and we r dl the torrent ultimately??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom