Opera rules. See this example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
When you come across a picture on some webpage while browsing in Opera, if you right click on the image and click on 'Image properties', it even gives you details that the image was made in Adobe Photoshop CS2, etc.
I knew this. However, yesterday I opened a picture taken from Sony Ericsson K800i at GSMArena.com and was pleasantly shocked at the incredible amount of detail available for the picture. Have a look yourself by clicking on the thumbnail below:
*www.tachypic.com/thumb/1005.jpeg 116 KB ( 118715 bytes )

This is just a small preview of the huge features archive of Opera. I just found it so cool that I thought I should post it here. :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Well Whenever pictures are edited or created with such softwares or cameras , some details get stored into the image file. Most cameras now have this feature , and also does Image Editing softwares ( PS ;) ). Opera just retrives those details and displays it . If you save that file into your computer and chk its properties the you will see the same details in the summary.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
charangk said:
Well Whenever pictures are edited or created with such softwares or cameras , some details get stored into the image file. Most cameras now have this feature , and also does Image Editing softwares ( PS ;) ). Opera just retrives those details and displays it . If you save that file into your computer and chk its properties the you will see the same details in the summary.
Yeah, I know about EXIF information that is attached with pictures. What I meant to show was what shaunak, blueshift and dIgItaL_BrAt have mentioned, that Opera is the only browser that displays it. :)

T

thunderbird.117

ashisharya said:
opera rocks! dont know why 25% ppl use mozilla n ie(66%)

1. Because it is open source.
2. It has loads of extensions and plugins and themes.

Lastly

Firefox and mozilla rules and rocks.

Opera sucks.

knight17

In the zone
Opera rules..
Do you know why because everyone is behind IE and Firefox so the hackers,crackers and other *kers.

So we Opera fans surf the web peacefully....

T

thunderbird.117

Indyan said:
ahem ahem
Point no1. is not valid. Most people that use Fx hardly knows what is Open Source.

What the heck you mean it is not Open Source.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
I recently downloaded Opera 9 beta and installed it. Really I have to accept that it rocks. Though I am a fan of firefox and most of the browsing i do on it but i felt that opera renders the pages (especially with lots of picts) faster then ff. Earlier also, i have tried opera (Version ???) but that V9 is really cool and worth trying even for die hard FF fans.

shaunak

Tux Fan
thunderbird.117 said:
1. Because it is open source.
2. It has loads of extensions and plugins and themes.

1> does it really matter if the source is closed or open? i mean how mant times do you actualy edit the source and recompile it?

2> opera has themes and widgets which offer all the functionality of plugins and extentions.

plus opera is a whole lot faster and safer [yes its proven]. it comes with a download manager, mail client, rss reader, bit-torrent support, widgets, mouse guestures, etc....

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
yup whether the software is open source or not matters only to the developers... not to end users like me...
also firefox asks for extensions n plugins for displaying media on loaded pages... but opera comes loaded with evy possible necessary plugin

Last edited:

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
IE & FF are light years behind Opera.
What opera creates today is copied by others tomorrow.
& as far as reviews & statastics are concerend, everyone knows that in todays marketing world everything can be "arranged". Although, I must add that I'm not blaming "anyone" (refers to everyone) here.
But come on man, how many times is it that critics have slammed a particular movie, but you actually loved it. My point is in the end of the day, we should measure a thing by how much easier & better the thing has made us feel. This is just an excellent example to prove how a "single tongue" survives between 32 teeths.
I think my point is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom