opera reaches 100/100 in acid 3 test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
The Opera Internet browser this week became the first to achieve a perfect 100/100 score for the series of tests for Web standards, and was quickly followed by Apple's Safari browser.
Lars Erik Bolstad, Opera's head of core technology, wrote in Opera's official blog yesterday, the company writes, "Since the test was officially announced recently, our Core developers have been hard at work fixing bugs and adding the missing standards support. Today we reached a 100% pass rate for the first time."
Bolstad added that the development team still needs to fix some scattered issues before it releases the newly certified version of the browser to the public, but said "we hope to have those sorted out shortly."
Safari, the browser that comes packed in with
Source:
*www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/27/safari_opera_reach_100_in_acid3_test/

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I simply do not believe it. When I did the tests for my own I found the results contrary to the said one. Opera 9.26 could not finish the test and opera just hanged (Application Failure). The next version of Opera, still in beta stage, named Kestrel (v9.50b1) successfully ran the test and gave score of 61. While my FF3b4 gave a straightway score to 68.

So, I do not think these 100/100 claim is true. :rolleyes:

sakumar79

Technomancer
It does say that it is the developmental version - not the released stable or beta version... So, lets wait and see...

Arun

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
It does say that it is the developmental version - not the released stable or beta version... So, lets wait and see...

Arun

I do not think that a developer version will get sudden boost with a increase of score to 100. Latest beta version is just 68, far from 100. :rolleyes:

sakumar79

Technomancer
May be... But the stable version had failed the test, whereas the beta has been able to get 68... That is a huge step... So, maybe they are still working out the issues to make it 100% ACID3 Pass... Maybe... Or maybe that will be in the next update (9.51)... Lets wait and see...

Arun

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I do not think that a developer version will get sudden boost with a increase of score to 100. Latest beta version is just 68, far from 100. :rolleyes:
Folks at Opera have been working hard to fix the missing standards support. And that is demonstrated by this success.
It is an internal build that passes the test. A technical preview of this internal Opera build will be posted on labs.opera.com in the next week or so.

*www.css3.info/opera-overtakes-safari-in-acid3-race/

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Opera rocks!!
Btw, Webkit passed too.
*webkit.org/blog/173/webkit-achieves-acid3-100100-in-public-build/

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
hey ,read that yesterday but i read this too
Just as Reddit is celebrating Opera reaching 100/100, with the misleading headline Opera the first browser to pass the Acid3 test (hey, submitter: it wouldn't hurt to read the Opera blog post before submitting it to Reddit), the Apple guys track me down and point out that there's yet another bug in the test. With heycam's help, we have now fixed the test. Again. This presumably means Opera is now at 99/100... the race continues!

I have to say, by the way, that the relevant parts of the SVG spec are truly worthless. Where are the UA conformance criteria? You'd think a spec that was so verbose and detailed would actually tell you stuff, instead of just rambling on without actually saying what the requirements were...
source
so still no pass of acid3 from anybody except webkit.
and i also wanted to add

Nightly builds of Firefox currently score 71%, while Internet Explorer 8 beta trails behind with 18% compliance.:p
source

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Wow, the so called best-of-both-world-standard-and-non-standard-browser by some folks here has 18%, Great!.

Btw, getting 100/100 isnt a 100%pass.
The animation and rendering also count.

A comment from here:
*webkit.org/blog/173/webkit-achieves-acid3-100100-in-public-build/

Awesome news, and a kudos to the Opera folk as well. Too bad half the web is still in IE6 hell

Sad, yet true. :(

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Anyone using opera mini mod for mobile . . Need to ask if default search in Yahoo can be changed to say google . . And yes opera is much faster browser in pc as well as mob . .

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
The next version of Opera, still in beta stage, named Kestrel (v9.50b1) successfully ran the test and gave score of 61. While my FF3b4 gave a straightway score to 68
Opera releases weekly releases as well. The latest public release shows 77/100. Desktop team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom