Opera product page hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Apparently some Nintendo fanboy replaced the 'we' on the product page with a 'Wii' and a website link.

Nintendo won't be minding the free publicity though!

*www.opera.com/products/desktop/index.dml?platform=windows

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
guess they've fixed it by now. sdfsdgrjutdyjtcgnjgyujghyjghjhjhgcnmgfkftyj. i did this as this forum doesn't allow <30 character replies

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Opera is the official browser for wii (if you didnt know about that), and yes i guess some guy has putup a link for his webpage and i think this might be a problem for opera users like me as we dont know if it is really a wii site or a site trying to exploit Operas security holes if any.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@godsownman please check the wii link there in the opera page. at first even i tought it was the official link but when i checked it was not , it opend a dumb page :evil:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Good finding Indyan :)
Me too found a page where on clicking on wii, a page was displayed saying wait for the next clue!
Sounds gr8

AiM

Banned
I just don't think opera will setup a competetion to hack there site. Any such thinks may related to there software only.

Just check the links of that 'Wii's':

*skriblerier.net/dancing_queen/
AND
*www.geocities.com/slightly.ajar/homepage.html

They purely shows that is's not related to the 'WII' cosole. Anyway i'm gonna report it to the Opera siteadmin.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
no AiM I believe Indyan. Check the first link you have given. It gives out a clue. I do think there's a competition going on after all they want to promote themselves and Opera browser is a big factor in Wii.
And opera has been known to do such weird things in the past.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
This is one page I got the word wii. *my.opera.com/community/ under spotlighted users on top right. But, this one's got no link to follow.

*www.geocities.com/slightly.ajar/homepage.html
Hmm what's the 13th number in fibonacci series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom