Opera - Password Wand - How to move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I'm going to re-install Windows XP, so i want to save the Opera password settings, so that i dont have to re-enter all user ID, p/w all over again.

can you guys help me out.

Right now i saved the "Profile" folder from "Opera" directory. (without cache)

bump

=-=-=-==-=-===-=-=-=-=-

Yes!!! my experiment was fruitful:D

To take back-up of your User ID & Passwords in Opera (Password wand), just back-up (copy) the Profile folder from C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Opera\Opera

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have been using the same wand file for more than 2 years, I cant remember how many times I had formated and reinstalled XP. Also I can use the same file for linux version.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
s18000rpm said:
Yes!!! my experiment was fruitful:D

To take back-up of your User ID & Passwords in Opera (Password wand), just back-up (copy) the Profile folder from C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Opera\Opera

The same thing will work for all other user settings of opera as well (like mail accounts, address book, bookmarks etc.)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
What I did is installed Opera for Single User (It gives that option at time of installation but that isnt the default option).
Then I Back-up the Upera directory in Program Files folder. Works like charm...Been using it from a while..(6 months or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom