Opera Mobile on the Nokia 6681

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I need some help setting up Opera mobile to run on my nokia 6681, please note Opera Mobile not Opera mini. Im using Airtel Mobile office. All access points are set up using the quick setu wizard but Opera Mobile just doesnt seem to work.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
I too is using 6681 with airtel mobile ofice. I never faced any probs. anyway r u able to connect net using mobile office for other applications. have you tried to get the configuration again from airtel and use the new one as default for all applications?
Give this a try, mostly u willl be able to browse using opera

OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It's fixed now, I had to delete the config setting for Airtel Live that had been created even though the mobile office config was set as the default...

OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Opera mini is the java app and it offloads rendering tasks to a server, opera mobile is Symbian and it's full fledged, works only on smartphones and is not dependant on a third party server. IF you've got EDGE and a fast smartphone like the 6681, the vast majority of pages will seem to load nearly instantaneously.

Najesh

Broken In
cyrux said:
Is airtel mobile office a gprs feature ? How much does it cost

It depends in which location u r ,here in Bengal it cost @249.

teknoPhobia said:
Opera mini is the java app and it offloads rendering tasks to a server, opera mobile is Symbian and it's full fledged, works only on smartphones and is not dependant on a third party server. IF you've got EDGE and a fast smartphone like the 6681, the vast majority of pages will seem to load nearly instantaneously.
I m having 6630,and u know it is a Symbian,so what do u suggest using Opera Mobile or opera mini.Also Is Opera Mobile free? coz Opera Mini is free.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
in mumbai MO costs rs7/day

and u can use both opera mini and opera simultaneously... the latest ver o opera is 8.6

Last edited:
OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@Najesh, Opera Mobile is not free except on the 6680 and 6681, oon other phones it gets installed as a trial version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom