opera mail client vows !

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
I am using Opera as a web browser. I have gmail, hotmail , yahoo and vsnl mail accounts.
When installed 1st time; Opera let me configured my gmail, yahoo and vsnl accounts in it. But when trying to configured hotmail account which is http account, Some settings got changed. now i am not able to check my mails thru opera. Even the option of "mail and chat" is also disappeared from the menu and when i starts opera, it gives me some error message.

how to fix the problem ?

Also, gmail and yahoo are giving me problem lately when i tried to download thru outlook or even thunderbird. they are taking too much time and after getting 3-4 mail downloaded, it shows timed out message ? why it is so ?

eddie

El mooooo
shreyadr said:
it gives me some error message.
What error message?
Also, gmail and yahoo are giving me problem lately when i tried to download thru outlook or even thunderbird. they are taking too much time and after getting 3-4 mail downloaded, it shows timed out message ? why it is so ?
What AntiVirus or Firewall do you use? Did you change any of them lately? What kind of internet connection do you have? Do you have a stable connection? Is there any chance that your service provider could be blocking the POP ports? Also, how are you able to download mails from Yahoo and Hotmail? Didn't they block access from mail clients? Do you have paid accounts? We need more info.

OP
shreyadr

shreyadr

Journeyman
eddie,

About error message , i'll check and let u know.

About antivirus it is nortan and firewall is zonelabs

About internet connection , I have cablenet of 40 kbps. even being the lower speed, i never faced problem with outlook then.

i have paid account only for vsnl. all other three i.e. hotmail, gmail and yahoo.co.in are free accounts. Outlook let configures hotmail as it is http account. Yahoo.co.in and gmail both are offering pop3 configuration. only for outgoing mails thru outlook, yahoo is giving some error message but since i have other 3 accounts; i never bothered.

uptill now all 4 accounts are working smoothly with outlook, but now i decided to shift my browsing with opera. Opera comes with in-built email client and gives better security than IE.

Opera let configures only IMAp and POP3. and here the problem occures. Hotmail not being IMAP or POP3 i could not configure. and Yahoo even being pop3 ; opera is not accepting the ports specified in yahoo account for downloading the mails.

sakumar79

the option is already " use opera"

Indyan

Hotmail is not IMAP it is http. I am using it that way since last 4 years. I don't know about the latest info if they are blocking access or not.
also, i think yahoo.com is blocking access but yahoo.co.in is allowing it.

eddie

El mooooo
shreyadr said:
About antivirus it is nortan and firewall is zonelabs
iirc both Norton and ZoneAlarm filter incoming mail traffic. Did you check that Opera is not being blocked/filtered by any of them?

About internet connection , I have cablenet of 40 kbps. even being the lower speed, i never faced problem with outlook then.
Try doing a ping on your local gateway. It could be that you are facing a connection problem and just not realising it. Since you receive 3-4 mails, it is most probably either a connection issue or a problem with AV/Firewall.

i have paid account only for vsnl.
Hotmail went paid long time back. Since you have so many accounts, it could be that you missed it not working.
*news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3697286.stm
Can you link us to yahoo.co.in POP3 configuration page? May be we can check something in there and see if you could have missed something. Also if you don't mind using an additional program, you can use MrPostman to use both Yahoo! and Hotmail from any mail client. Detailed instructions for Opera are here
*my.opera.com/neeraj_deshmukh/blog/show.dml/101717

You should also try configuring your accounts from scratch. Delete all the accounts and try again. You mentioned that your "mail and chat" has disappeared from menu. To get them back, go to Preferences (CTRL+F12) > Advanced > Toolbars and then select "Opera Standard" under menu setup.

Setup one account at a time and not all of them together. That will be easier to troubleshoot. Also, enable logging for for your accounts by going to this link
*www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom