Opera Browser Can’t Handle The Flash Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Opera is one of the most popular browsers on the Internet but the impressive number of bugs discovered in the application can lead to some very disappointed users looking for an alternative.
Today, the vulnerability mania continued with another bug concerning the flash files and the way Opera handles them. Today, while I was browsing the web, I noticed that Opera displayed some quite weird sites, the content being a little messed up. I was using Opera for Mac, version 9.10. Security company Secunia reported the problems, sustaining the solution is to update with the latest version of the program. I updated it and I must admit the problems disappeared, all the websites being properly displayed. “The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error when using the Adobe Flash Player plug-in. The vulnerability is reported in Opera versions prior to 9.20 running on Linux, Solaris, or FreeBSD and using the Adobe Flash Player version 7 or 9,” Secunia said in the advisory. “A security issue in the Adobe Flash Player running in Opera on Linux, Solaris or FreeBSD has been found. Details about the vulnerability will be disclosed at a later date,” Opera’s developers added.

At this time, the Opera browser is working properly, all the websites being correctly displayed. Although the bug was fixed quite quickly, it was there and nobody can deny it. In the recent period, the battle for the most powerful browser was involving only Internet Explorer and Firefox, a lot of users considering that Opera is also a powerful rival. Although I’m not the one who decides which one is better, the Opera browser proved us that it is no longer a safe browser.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom