Opera 9 Preview 2 to be released tomorrow (2/7/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Opera 9 Preview 2 to be released tomorrow (2/7/06)

Edit: Changelog here

Direct Download LInk: Download Me

Torrent Link: here

Opera Software is expected to unveil a second preview version of its Opera 9 browser this week, which includes a number of features to improve functionality.

The new browser will include new support for “widgets” – small pieces of code that support the automatic downloading of applications and content from the internet onto a user’s desktop.

Opera will offer about 10 widgets of its own to increase functionality for users, and will encourage developers to introduce others.

Opera's latest browser also supports BitTorrent downloading, a downloading technology that links different computers together to deliver streamlined downloading of shared content.

Instead of multiple users trying to download content from the same machine, with BitTorrent, users can access the same file from multiple machines to speed the process.

The Opera preview enables users to use BitTorrent without having to download dedicated software first.

Opera will be bundled with the official BitTorrent.com search engine.

The final version of Opera 9 is expected to be available in June.

Source: ComputerWeekly & Operawatch

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
yeah cant wait to d/l. everytime i use download a new opera version i feel this one will be perfect, but by the time the next version appears, theres something new & advance with it.

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Its available for download now.

Get the link from *snapshot.opera.com/windows/w90p2.html

Its still 4MB with all these new features!

Main Post updated abt the same

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Bholu its still beta and might have some bug. For me its working faster than PR1 too and anyday faster than other browsers. Widgets are really cool. The integrated bittorrent feature is gr8 only if they can add a few features to it I won't need a dedicated bittorrent client anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom